blown clutch flywheel and turbo!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennytjr

ok i had an incident where i apperently gave this car more than it could handle. i blew out the clutch and flywheel which have just been replaced. but they got it back together today and it will only hold idle. will not rev what so ever they put a scan tool on it and it said turbo. thats all they remember. it has 52000 miles on so my question is one have yall heard of this issue and two whats the cheapest turbo i can put in it. stock price is 1400 but i have found garrets that offer 22psi for 1600. what do yall suggest?

sorry

forgot to give more info. i have a 2006 mazdaspeed 6 with 52000 miles on it. it has a mazdaspeed cold air intake but that is the only mod. untill that night i had a trouble free car

damn, 52k for only a 2 yr old car... that a ton... guessing you live far from your job?

You can't just drop a different turbo in there that easily without being able to tune for it.

Try contacting Ken at protege garage "Captain KRM P5" maybe he can help you find a good used one.

That's definately quite a feat to toast your clutch bad enough to need to replace your flywheel but how exactly could the turbo go out at the same time??

Last edited:
man we have asswholes on this forum, Contact ATP, they make a t28 that drops in, it is very similar to our turbo, but holds boost after 6k, i would recommend some kind of tune, but this turbo will run on our stock ecu

so...

what would be your suggestions? i beleive i over spooled the turbo. may have hit 6k rpms was running from someone when it happened i hit atleast 155 and yall know the turbo quits at 150. the clutch and flywheel popped during the downshift to take a left! if i were to upgrade what all has to be done before i bolt on a 22 psi turbo

Something here doesn't make sense. If your turbo is blown, should at least have a "drivable" car.

Wow..I dont say this much...But you sir...Mr. Original Poster are an Idiot..and a liar...and dont have a clue.

Sorry..I feel better now.

its amazing the s*** talkers

ok your right about me not having a clue! i dont know anything about this car. all i know is i got drunk and ran from the cops ran down the highway for 10 minutes with the pedal to the floor. i know i saw 155. i then tried to turn while downshifting to use the transmission to slow me down i lost control and skidded to a stop. when i went to drive off i realized i had no clutch. so i gave up. spent the night in a correctional facility and in the following weeks had my car worked on. i ****** up by not taking it to a dealership. but its too late for that now. they replaced my clutch and flywheel. it started and they drove it an eighth of a mile when the dumbass ran out of gas. so he burnt up my fuel pump which has been replaced but now that its replaced the ******* car wont do anything but idle. pedal has to be to the floor for it to do that. he said he had a guy from mazda put a scanner on it and the scanner said turbo. i have just told you what i know. how can yall help. and if all your going to do is tell me how stupid i am and how i should just get rid of the car you can keep that s*** to your self.

I don't think you will have a code for the turbo itself. The car should start and run fine with a bad turbo. I think you should demand for them to fix it at their cost since it ran fine before it ran out of fuel. I hope you learn your lesson about drunk driving. I have no respect for your sorry ass. That could have been some one family you slid into.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back