sliding door out of adjustment

rscottg

:
2008 Mazda 5 GT Grey Mica
I noticed yesterday on my used 2008 GT that the top of the sliding door was making a scraping sound when opening or closing it. I looked up in the upper grove where the little guide wheel rides, and I can tell that either the entire door or that upper bracket is to low. The guide wheel is scraping the bottom of the channel or whatever is below the little wheel.

So I assume like most door, it can be adjusted somewhat. I guess it might be a dealership fix?

if its an 08, take it back. should be a warranty fix

Hopefully they consider it warranty, but I have a feeling they will consider it wear and tear and charge for the adjustment. But I'll see what they say.

Take it back! I have an 06, and last summer i had to have both doors heavily adjusted because of too much slack. For whatever reason, the doors were, for lack of a better word, bouncing in their closed positions.

I dont know if i used the doors alot, but the noise was insane. they tightened them up pretty good.. you can visualy see there is a difference. Just be careful they dont over adjust, because now im seeing a bit of paint chipping and rust because they over adjusted the door to the point where it made contact with the frame.

good luck.

Take it back! I have an 06, and last summer i had to have both doors heavily adjusted because of too much slack. For whatever reason, the doors were, for lack of a better word, bouncing in their closed positions.

I dont know if i used the doors alot, but the noise was insane. they tightened them up pretty good.. you can visualy see there is a difference. Just be careful they dont over adjust, because now im seeing a bit of paint chipping and rust because they over adjusted the door to the point where it made contact with the frame.

good luck.

Took it back today and they fixed it. I actually bought the car somewhere else, so this was the 5's first visit to our Mazda dealership.

It seems like they fixed it and there was no charge. The shorter adjustment warranty was up because of mileage, but they made it a warranty claim, so I'm not complaining. It didn't seem to rattle either. So'm crossing my fingers as I'm a person who hears every rattle whether others do or not.

Next step, decision on winter tires....

Back