Pesky Side moldings.

J-Villa

Be gone with you! (gun)

Hello sweet smooth gleaming sides...(smoke)
with some factory standard orange peel.
dodgyjb6.gif

dsc00339vo0.jpg

dsc00344oj7.jpg

dsc00348bl2.jpg

I can't wait to have something like bronze rims or something that will make my pictures threads a little more exciting... (cabpatch)

Last edited:
What's funny is that I took mine off a few weeks back, and just a couple of days ago, a truck in the lane over kicked up a rock that smacked my driver side door. I surveyed the damage after I parked and noticed it chipped a little paint right where the molding used to be. The irony was too amusing for me to even be upset about it.

haha. when I was taking them off, my dad came outside w/ a beer in his hand and goes "I bet something will happen to your doors today where those moldings where"

oh well. Looks better without them, even if I have to hide a scratch.

What's funny is that I took mine off a few weeks back, and just a couple of days ago, a truck in the lane over kicked up a rock that smacked my driver side door. I surveyed the damage after I parked and noticed it chipped a little paint right where the molding used to be. The irony was too amusing for me to even be upset about it.

That's Murphy for you. But I'm with you.. DOWN WITH MOLDINGS

I've been part of the door-moulding-removal mafia here in MI. It seems that any car that has them only keeps them for a short time, then they don't know what happens to them.

I'm considering removing them on the 5 I have as a rental right now. I'm glad the MS6 didn't come with them, and I'm surprised that the MS3 did. Typically, MS cars don't have them.

I just don't know what to do with the moldings now. It seems wasteful to just throw them away... think anybody would buy some side moldings?

Back