coolant leaked!!

duy856

hi. my coolant leaked everywhere.. what should i do? should i take it to the dealer and have them fix it? or not cause they might void my warranty. right now i just installed my downpipe and yea i have no cats down there. i tried to look for the leak but cant find anything. should i just try to pour more coolant in?

If the coolant came out, it came out from somewhere. Did a LOT come out? If so, try pouring some water in and see if you can identify the source of the leak. If it's just a hose that's lose/ruptured, it should be easy enough to replace/fix. If it's a radiator, call the dealer and get it towed, that should be covered under warranty. If you have no coolant DO NOT TRY TO DRIVE YOUR CAR, YOU WILL KILL THE ENGINE.

If the coolant came out, it came out from somewhere. Did a LOT come out? If so, try pouring some water in and see if you can identify the source of the leak. If it's just a hose that's lose/ruptured, it should be easy enough to replace/fix. If it's a radiator, call the dealer and get it towed, that should be covered under warranty. If you have no coolant DO NOT TRY TO DRIVE YOUR CAR, YOU WILL KILL THE ENGINE.

theres no coolant left. alot came out. its a 2008 ms3. you think its the radiator? and you think they will cover it under warranty? cause i have a turbo back with no cats

theres no coolant left. alot came out. its a 2008 ms3. you think its the radiator? and you think they will cover it under warranty? cause i have a turbo back with no cats

I'd swap exhaust first if you go to the dealer. But first I would try to locate the leak, usually its a hose or the radiator cap.

I am betting it's the hose that goes across the top of the radiator, and into the engine. This hose is notorious for coming out of the plastic clip, and hanging in the path of the fan blades, abrading it and allowing the coolant out.

I am betting it's the hose that goes across the top of the radiator, and into the engine. This hose is notorious for coming out of the plastic clip, and hanging in the path of the fan blades, abrading it and allowing the coolant out.

you win! +100 points.. thats what happened. the hose popped out of the clip. theres a small cut. anyone know what i can do to fix it? thanks

you win! +100 points.. thats what happened. the hose popped out of the clip. theres a small cut. anyone know what i can do to fix it? thanks

Call the dealer, they will likely tow the car in, replace the hose, fill with coolant, and send you on your way, with coolant residue all over the engine compartment.

Just noticed your downpipe. Go to dealer parts department and purchase hose, install, fill with coolant, wash engine and zip tie new hose to clip to prevent from happening again. Move on.

Back