Rim Corrosion

777sacco

:
2005 Mazda 3 GT
I have a 2005 M3 GT with stock 17" rims the problem is that they keep corroding around the center cap is anyone else going through this the dealer refinished them once but the exact same problem came right back and now they are saying the warranties up. I am meeting with the manager next week because my point is that although the warranty may be up they rims were "fixed" less than a year ago and they are still corroding. Has anyone run into this problem anyone know of any secret warranties for this. I think I might call Mazda Canada just to be a pain in the ass as well

I noticed some corrosion around the hubs on my 08 Mazda 3 when I rotated the tires. It looks bad for a three month old car.

Clifton

My corrosion is rust around the outer end of the hub between the axle retaining nut and the hub.

Clifton

This same thing happened to me about 9 months after I got my car.
I put up with it for a whole year and just 3 months ago the dealer replaced all my wheels under warranty. I didn't have an easy time though, I brought it up 3 times with the dealership where I bought my car and each time they promised they'd do something about it and they didn't.
I finally went to a different dealership and they replaced them without any questions.

This is a known issue and Mazda knows about it.

The rust on the hub is normal, this happens to all cars. We're talking about the clear coat and finish peeling/corroding off the actual alloy wheel.

Back