"Amp kit" parts?

Crazee D

Contributor
:
White P5 go-kart
Hi guys,

I'm an audio noob so I wanted to ask some questions here.

HU is Alpine CDA-9820XM

I have a MDF box with 2 x JL Audio 10W-08, 125 watts, 8 ohms.

Amp is a Kenwood KAC-819 450watt rated at 150W (300max) at 4 ohm

I got some 25' long RCA stereo cables.

What else do I need?

Power wire for amp
Fuse
Spade connectors for posts
hookup wires ?

Thanks for any suggestions.
(drinks)

Attachments

• Kenwood KAC819.pdf
    208.6 KB · Views: 409
  • JL Audio 10W-08.pdf
    599.3 KB · Views: 346
All you really need to install a amp is

1)power wire w/ fuse
2) ground wire
3) remote wire connected to a switchable source
4) RCA cables
5) connectors

TY, Chris.
I was just wondering about the various terminals, etc. I should get.
I am thinking about just crimping my own connections, I just cant tell exactly which size i need.
The Amp has small screw terminals for speaker spade connectors.
The power and ground terminals accept a size or two larger connector.
Should I use the Amp only for the subs?
I can still power the front too, but should I? Whats involved?
What about the amp settings? LPF, Boost, input sensitivity?
There is a filter for 15 or 25 Hz too.
Bridging vs non?

Any advice?

Last edited:
Here's the manual for the amp:
http://manuals.kenwood.novenaweb.info/languages/EN/support/manuals/KAC-819 (EN).pdf

It only has one channel (monoblock) so all you should connect to it is the subwoofer by following the wiring diagrams.

Summary of options:

INFRASONIC: Set this to 15Hz to cut off the very low end of output. It makes the amp more efficient and prevents damage to your subwoofer. You can set it to 25Hz too but that will cut off even more bass.

BASS BOOST: Keep this turned off, it will only make your stereo sound ghetto fabulous...unless you like that sort of thing???

INPUT SENSITIVITY: Your head unit probably sends between 2-4v to the amp so ideally that is where you want the knob to be set at. However, most people like a little more bass so it is ok to bump it up to 1 to 0.5v if that is where it sounds good to you.

LPF FREQUENCY: Set this between 70-120Hz (90Hz is probably good). To figure out the optimum spot, listen to some talk radio. Raise the frequency until male voices start to sound boomy, then lower it a little until they sound natural again. Check the level against some other music and keep tweeking unti it's just right. After adjusting the LPF go back and tweek the INPUT SENSITIVITY to make sure the levels are to your liking.

户外运动的帐篷分为两大类: 3 季帐篷(普通户外活动用)和 4 季帐篷(冬季 / 高山用)。下面我们详细介绍这两类帐篷之间的不同帐篷厂。   3 季帐 通常较轻,一般用于春、夏、秋 3 季较温和的气候中。 3 季帐通常可以在风雨中表现良好,但是设计特点也决定了他们一般难于应付过大的降雪量。如果说一个三季帐可以勉强支撑它上面 2 英寸厚的积雪的话,当落雪达到了 20 英寸厚的时候,您肯定已经有麻烦了。   更为结实的4季帐通常会增加1到2根支撑杆,以使支撑系统能抵御更强的风力或是更厚的落雪层。冬季帐的外形通常设计成圆滑的穹顶形,以尽量减少外帐顶部的平坦部位,防止堆积积雪。当然了,这些冬季 / 高山帐同样适用于相对温和的气候条件下。只是它们额外多出来的支撑杆的重量使他们要比三季帐更重一些。   可转换帐是可以调整为3季帐的四季帐。调整的方法通常是从帐篷的支撑系统中拆掉1到2根支撑杆,以及在设计中提供可拆卸的通风部件,在温和的天气中可以拆掉或打开以加强通风。   还有一种用于温暖天气的帐篷,重量非常轻,且单薄,一般容量为单人或两人,并往往采用大面积的网状面料以加强通风。这种帐可用于春夏秋三季,但一般来说,由于它的设计特点,这种帐在温热、潮湿的天气中最为适用。   最简单的形式是单层帐。基本上,这种帐只是一块用帐杆撑起来的带有几个通风口的雨布,在较温暖的天气中,可以将通风口的拉链打开,以加强通风。

Hai!

Back