HELP!! Electrical issues.....

bradboyd80

:
'12 Velocity Red MS3
Once again....got another issue I can't solve. I know a good deal about cars, but I'm not an expert either. Ok, so this morning my girlfriend drives me to work with no issues whatsoever. She gets home, turbo timer does its job, no big deal. She goes out to run some errands and car won't start. She gets out, locks and unlocks the car again, and still to no avail. All lights come on, but won't turn over. Then out of nowhere, the alarm starts going crazy and my turbo timer starts making this weird high pitched noise. So she disconnects the turbo timer, resets the alarm and tries again. Nothing. Car will jumpstart just fine, but if you turn the car off, it won't restart; which tells me its an alternator problem right? Then on my way to autozone to price a new alternator, the car almost dies on me, with lights inside flickering, when I tried to turn on the radio and A/C. Sorry for being a noob but I want make sure its not something else before I spend $250 on a new alternator. So reason I'm asking the question is because I've never experienced the near stallouts, and alarm going haywire. Does this sound like an alternator problem? Or could there be an electrical problem somewhere?

Man I promise this has happened to me and I almost replaced the alt myself. I replace battery cables and havent had a problem since. I help another guy last week with this exact issue with his ride and it turned out to be the neg cable and as far I know he hasnt had a problem since.Hope this helps

HAHA I didnt either thats why I tried everything first. If you do a search you should be able to find my post describing the exact same issue

Well I took it to the shop this morning for an actual diagnostic. Turns out the alternator was toast and took the battery, and turbo timer down with it. Then had to pay to have them install the alternator because I didn't have enough space to do it at home. Sucks when you know how to do something, and can't do it....LOL.

Sounds like the same issue someone else was having recently. Ended up being corroded battery terminals.

Latest posts

Back