300,000 Mile Club

xelderx

Zoom Zoom Boom X 3
The old '88 wagon finally made it just a few minutes ago. 300K on the odometer and she is still going strong. I promised her I would rebuild the engine once she made it this far so it's time to make a little room in the garage for her.

IMG_1943.jpg

Sweet, I hope to make it there! If you make it that far I feel Mazda should buy you a new car!

I could see if he owned it since mile 1.

Either way very cool to have a car to reach that benchmark.

I can't remember how many miles were on the car when I bought it about 4-5 years ago and I don't know how many owners she has had. I bought it from some crackhead girl for $300 and all it needed was a battery and a clutch cable. I haven't put very many miles on it since it has always been a second car for me and only sees short trips around town whenever I need to haul something that won't fit in the other cars.

nice, congrats. If my 626 makes it to 100k with the original transmission still intact, it'll be a miracle. other than that, i can see mine running for quite some time.

Very cool man! Do I hear a possible B6T or maybe even.....dare I say it..... a BPT swap? These wagons are awesome with a little extra power under the hood. :D

My 88 GT is at about 200k. Actual milage is unknown at the moment since two different guage clusters have been swapped in and out of it. Been through 1 headgasket (No headwork/Piston Rings needed, Didnt overheat), now one turbo, but the engine itself is in pristene shape. It will soon be rebuilt though with nice new components for strength and fun..ness.

Back