knocking sound, endless rattles, poor sound.......

fuentini

:
2008.5 MS3 GT M.Gray
So im going to the dealership tomorrow to have my service done. Im praying that theyll be able to fix that damn knocking from reverse. Im also thinking of asking them to fix all the rattles, including the reasently developed windshield rattle. Has anyone been able to get rid of all the rattles or should i just give up. The sound system is much better now that the HU was replaced, but now i keep hearing alot of rattles coming from the driver and passanger doors.

I know that its not a benz or a high grade car, but should i really expect poor build quality from this car? or is this something that can be fixed. My 03 Focus has been through alot and it still sounds solid, i can drive it thru the bums on the side of the highway and will not hear a single rattle. Is the Ford focus a better quality(build) car than the MS3.

......and that damn cobb sri is still not in.

Last edited:
Fuckus sucks. I got rid of mine years ago (an 03), and this car is light years better. See what the dealer says.

Things rattle loose, it's a fact of life. My MS3 has several small rattles or noises, but nothing major. The trick is in being able to tell "I've got a loose panel somewhere" vs "I've got a critical nut/screw/rod/etc loose".

Good luck at the dealership

So im going to the dealership tomorrow to have my service done. Im praying that theyll be able to fix that damn knocking from reverse. Im also thinking of asking them to fix all the rattles, including the reasently developed windshield rattle. Has anyone been able to get rid of all the rattles or should i just give up. The sound system is much better now that the HU was replaced, but now i keep hearing alot of rattles coming from the driver and passanger doors.

I know that its not a benz or a high grade car, but should i really expect poor build quality from this car? or is this something that can be fixed. My 03 Focus has been through alot and it still sounds solid, i can drive it thru the bums on the side of the highway and will not hear a single rattle. Is the Ford focus a better quality(build) car than the MS3.

......and that damn cobb sri is still not in.

I had the windshield rattle. I am not at home but I have the service notes on it and will update later on tonight unless someone beat me too it. There's some plastic clip that rubs against the windshield when the car flexes.

It drove me nuts sounded like a loose bolt. I couldn't figure out what it was. If I don't know it drives me nuts. This was no simple rattle. Windows up cruising at 30 mph down a suburban road it was so loud. They simply put thicker piece of foam tape that has since worn away as the noise is coming back.

Latest posts

Back