Brake caliper???'s

After realizing the front drivers side caliper seized and cracked my rotor. I replaced the caliper with the moral support from our guys from PG. I was able to get it all done smooth, until I broke off the bleeder bolt while bleeding it. Now I have to get an extrator, pull out the bleeder and toss in the one from the broken caliper.
Here's my question.
I noticed that the fluid was leaking from the bolt that screws in with the brake hose. I tightened it as much as possible and thought I was good until this morning I looked and found a nice puddle. Any ideas. There was a little washer that came with the caliper, but I didn't use it because the original one didn't have one on it.

There are usually copper washers that you have to use. I believe there might be 2 of them but i'm not 100% sure. My guess is that you want to use them.

Yeah I left off thge washers...Duh.... I took it all apart and installed one of them. I think it's holding but but time will tell. I found the other one after I had everything back together and cracked down.
here's some pics of the Broken bleeder with the extractor still in it. That was easy since the bleeder is hollow inside I just screwed the #2 right in.
and picks of the cracked rotor and torn boot.

Attachments

• IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    709.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    652.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 100
I spoke to soon about the one washer holding. It didn't. Thanks for that heads up Greasemonkey I ended up taking it apart and adding the second, after the one man bleed, using a clear hose attached to the bleeder and a clear cup with brake fluid at the bottom( thanks for the idea Aric). I think I'm done...I hope. I'll get the new rotors in tomarrow then install them.
I've taken this brake apart about 7-8 times now. I can get it all apart and back on in under an hour now. I guess practice makes perfect.

Well I hope it all works out for you this time around. lol. That sucks that it cracked the rotor too.

Yeah I know. It doesn't help that It had a ton constant pressure from the seized caliper. and I kept driving it I should have known better.

Latest posts

Back