Noob needs help in 16" rims for winter tires

slalomking

:
2008 Mazda5 Touring
Hey Guys,

Just joined today after looking at other Mazda forums. Looks like a good place here! We have a brandy new 2008 Mazda5 (Touring) and I want to get some winter rubber on the car, as the stock tires clearly won't cut it in the winter.

I have noted stepping down to 16" wheels will allow the best choice for winter tires, and I am going w/ the Blizzak WS-60s in 205/55-16.
I'd prefer a stocker look, and I could use some help in figuring out what other year/model Mazda's wheels will work on our Mazda5. I know that I need a 16x 6 1/2 wheel, but that is all I know.

I must admit I get confused regarding offset and hub diameter discussions, so to cut to the chase, can anyone suggest, by model and year, any recent 16" Mazda rims that will work on our car? Thanks!!(bowdown)

tribute wheels are 16x7
protege5 wheels are 16x6
some mazda6 wheels are 16x7
there are also some rx8 wheels in the 16x7 size

i'll go out on a limb and say any mazda wheel (as long as its 5-lug) from vehicles post 2001 will fit.

I found some used Protege5 wheels local to me that will serve as nice winter rims. Check out your local Craigslist to see what you can find!

there are sometimes good deals on closeout aftermarket alloys on tirerack and similar websites. i mean if you can get alloys for $50-$75 ea, that's pretty good.

I found some used Protege5 wheels local to me that will serve as nice winter rims. Check out your local Craigslist to see what you can find!

Did you put the P5 wheels on your Mazda5 yet? Just wondering if it fit. There's a set on Craigslist I might be interested in.

I put them on for fun, and no issues. If you look in the pinned Unofficial Mazda5 wheel fitment/pic guide thread, there is a pic of one with blacked out P5 rims (from Benfolio).

P5 rims usually take 195/55R16...can it fit Mazda5 205/55R16 tires???

It should fit on 16 x 6 rims. I checked it on this site:

http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

I bought the P5 rims last week and will try to put them on next weekend when I have time and I'll tell you if mine fit. My P5 rims are different than the one from Benfolio.

These are the ones.

Attachments

• 1f41f3133ZZZZZZZZZ89tf11c89f8675b146e.jpg
    1f41f3133ZZZZZZZZZ89tf11c89f8675b146e.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 158
Hey guys- thanks for all the replies. I got a nice set of 2007 MZ3 16" wheels (semi 'Y' spoke) on ebay for 3 bills. I fitted one of the 16" rims on to a front hub, w/o tires, for a test fit. Lug pattern and spacing is perfect. Offset looks good.

Space from the caliper to rim a bit closer of course, but the mark one eyeball put the clearance at about an inch, which seems OK to my inexperienced POV.

With the test fit looking good, I got the 205-55/16 WS-60s from Tire Rack and mounted em up locally to the 16" rims. I think we are good to go..

Got my Winter Tires on- Dunlop WinterSport 3D's. The P5 rims fit perfectly and looks like it's stock. :)

Latest posts

Back