Post Pics of your RX-7

lol I like how people say rotaries are not relliable..

EVERY fc car I have seem STOCK had made it past 150K unless it was plain and simply neglected..

hell there are plenty of n/a and turbo rotary engines over 200K

my car at that time was not modded to hell.. it was only street ported.. stock turbo, stock intake, stock ecu etc.. just a big intercooler and 6-10psi

if u like V8's so much then why not buy a GM car.. why take a mazda rx7 rip the engine out and put a V8 in it? Alot of these cars are meeting their demise because of people like you.. Alot of us are looking all over for "that rotary" that one with the nice body , nice frame, and then we see it and oops.. v8 swapped..

and FD's are considered "rare" less of them were made, not many around on the roads in alot of area.. yes there is alot around, but its not a car u see daily.. or hell for most of us its not a car u see even once a week.

hell around here im lucky to see an fd once a year..

I think we are not saying.. dont enjoy a v8.. we are saying enough with the transgendered swaps.. WTF.. a jap car with an american engine.. GIVE ME A BREAK.. its just GAY!

why is it called RX_

Rotary Xperiment

NOT

Your overplayed V8 swapped experiment..

lol, dave....no reason to get upset over the situation, we can't stop them

I'm just simply saying out of all the cars out there, why not a 240sx? or a miata? or something else with a piston engine?

I can understand a swap, they are cool to have that kind of power without spending thousands to build the motors up....building up the motor isn't for everyone, that's fine

but why do it to a ROTARY car is what bugs me...that's just like you guys do it just to stick it to us, just to say 'oh look at my car, pistons made more horsepower than your rotary' (which is bs, but I'll let that pass since I don't feel like writing an essay lol)....cost and weight are null factors in that argument, you can get a 240sx or a miata for under 5 grand and have way more money to do the swap than to buy a 14k FD and do the swap (and the later of which would be lighter with a v8 in it than the fd lol)

*shrugs*
it's just annoying to see a rare car and be like 'DAMN nice ride! way to rep the rota----oh, nevermind...'

btw, at mazfest this year there was an FC with an ls1 swap....it blew a piston out the side on the track after the first lap....it was a stock motor ;-)

if you don't take proper care of any motor then it's gonna die...the rotary takes more maintenence, if that's not for you then just don't buy a rotary *shrugs*

Allow tme to say I am not digging on anyone especially anyone who has done the swap I am talking 100% in general.. to me its just STUPID.. and even more so like PetZ said.. the car was MADE with a rotary engine.. why not drop your basterized V8 into on of the other MILLION cars on this planet that came with a piston engine stock..

Oh thats right because the ROTARY CARS.. WIN ALL...

The rotary car will out handle any other soap box piece of s*** out there... THATS RIGHT!!!.. your just afraid of the spinning doritos of fire! You don't understand it so u hide behind something else that every old fart knows..

Way to be original

Wow! Did we ever stir up a hornet's nest! The purists have spoken! Seriously, I'm not here to stir you up. I'm just not a purist. We can agree to disagree on the subject. You like your rotary cars pure. I like them either way.

Again, let me say that I did not do the swap on our RX-7 that we had. I also did not do the swap on the Miata that I have now. You can blame that on two guys down in VA. We have a RX-8 that has a rotary that will remain in the car as long as we own it. I understand what the engine is and will stick with it as long as we have it. There will be no mods made to the car, either. It was bought stock and will remain stock. I buy cars the way I want them, to start with.

As for the dependability, I know some rotaries will last for a good long while, if they are properly maintained. However, it's an engine that requires more attention than a piston engine because it likes to use oil, can carbon up more easily, etc. How many other cars do you know of that come with special restarting instructions for flooded engines? The average driver who may not read everything about the car in the manual will not maintain it to the degree it needs. Then, there is the owner who just loves to run the piss out of the car. I don't give two hoots about what those say about redlining them regularly. An engine that's run at, or near, it's limits on a regular basis is not going to last as long as one that isn't. The fact that our local Ford/Mazda dealer refuses to sell them to his customers because of their problems says a lot about the car. He wouldn't sell RX-7s back then and stopped selling RX-8s when they proved to be a problem child, as well. I can't say that I blame him, either. That said, we've not had any problems with our RX-8 because I do what I'm supposed to do to it to maintain it. I think some of the early problems had been addressed, as well. Then, too, we don't have many miles on her car, yet.

Now, to my V8 RX-7. I picked that conversion because I could not afford a V8 Miata, at the time. I was buying, not building. The V8 conversion would be more accepted at car shows, around here, than the rotary version. I showed up at shows with the only car like it. Needless to say, it won several trophies for us, last year. My strategy worked. This year, we're armed with the LS6 Miata. I expect it to do well because it will most likely be the only car like it, at shows.

Granted, the purist is always going to get pissed and look down on anyone who does a conversion, no matter the kind of car it is. To me, it's no more than we did to cars to mod them when I was a kid. It still goes on, today. There is nothing a purist can do to stop it, any more than I can stop some kid from ruining a perfectly good collectible muscle car from the '60s so he can take it to the drag strip on weekends. Trust me, that makes an old fart like me cringe. I understand your pain; but, I still like the sound of a V8 in one of these cars. So did those who saw my RX-7, last year. Trust me, I had no trouble selling it to another V8 RX-7 enthusiast.

I guess I'm guilty of starting the mess by sharing our RX-7 with you guys. Not to worry, that happens a lot. The guys I associate with on the V8RX7forum run into the same problems when they go to other RX-7 forums. We aren't welcomed for long. The truth from the purists finally comes out; and, the pissing match begins. I guess this group is no different. My side of the pissing match has ended. I don't have to defend my preferences in cars. I like what I buy, whether you do, or not.

Now, let's get back to seeing some photos. In the meantime, I may ignore this section, in the future, and just stick with the RX-8 section. I don't want to stir you guys up.

You are wanted... I want you here... I was only giving u a hard time about the swap, when u came at me about how I "modded myrotary" then I took offence ONLY because I still atleast have a rotary in my car :)

I love the car, I woudl love the miata let me tell u.. to me its not as much as being a purist as IMO all these v8 350 swaps are just redundant.. I hate seeing them done in mustangs, I hate seeign them in dodges etc.. I just think "everyone has a v8 swap" lol

dont leave.. we need the "difference" here.. there is not enough of it around..

I take s*** daily (not really on here) but other places for my swap, for my RE spoiler, for everything I have done to my car.. but eh you cant please everyone... at the end of the day u just have to be happy

/rant

PICS!!!

agreed, I'm not really saying you did anything that I would consider 'odd' or 'wrong' since you didn't do the conversion....I'm just saying: V8 RX-7 is an oxymoron...you can't have a v8 rotary lol

just bugs the s*** out of me when I see another rotary fallen to the piston world, it makes me realize how lazy enthusiasts have gotten =(

nice car nonetheless though

the only real problem that i have with piston swaps is that most people think that they are above all of us with rotors. i know a handful that are cool owners. they are few and far between. i don't have problems with v8 swaps, but when people take an r1 or turbo II or low mileage car and molest the hell out of it, i think it is stupid. i'm not a total purist by any means, but i do think that the rotary should be kept rotary.

as far as being welcome, everyone is welcome, rotor head or otherwise. we are all gear heads, just some of us don't need valves.

I would never put a LSX or SBC in my FC, people have been buggin me to do that since i started my build. Stock NA FC Motor had 161k before i started tearing it down, and the last 10k were hard beat to s*** miles by the my fellow Subaru owners i rescued the car from. I Drove the car home after i bought it, it had been sitting for 5 months, ran fine.

anyways, back on topic. i am about ready to see some progress pics from dave. how bout you, dave?

before you say it, mine are coming too.

got this picture today at work. Crappy cell phone pic and the car needs washed but its something

IMG00064.JPG

here is mine at current state
enginprogress.jpg

got the new injectors wired up, but haven't completely installed them
siemensinj.jpg

and i got my FMIC, but haven't ran all of the piping yet.
FMIC.jpg

i have officially finished with the throttle body and the UIM is ready to go back on just as soon as i run new vacuum lines ran for the omp and run new fuel lines. i have decided to keep the omp for now. i may pull it later when i upgrade the fuel system again.

Pics from today after washing the car and doing some other work to it. Also a nice vid to show just how loud the car is right now.

DSCF2279.JPG

DSCF2280.JPG

DSCF2281.JPG

DSCF2282.JPG

DSCF2283.JPG

The pile of parts i am collecting. Alot of weight dropped of the car.

DSCF2285.JPG

"Save as" video of exhaust

Andrea's baby ........

I posted here before, always enjoy an opportunity showing off my car.....

Attachments

• engine with alt..jpg
    engine with alt..jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 412
  • gauges 2.JPG
    gauges 2.JPG
    436.7 KB · Views: 383
  • good view.jpg
    good view.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 456
  • dash  view.jpg
    dash view.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 393
  • my engine.jpg
    my engine.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 397
The engine area.

HPIM0897.jpg

Can't wait to see it after you have it back together!!

here is the RHD LS2 RX-7 with the new front end and Seibon goodies. :)

And Neox? As to why? The noise, pure and simple for me.

Amazing FD!! Not sure how I feel about all of the carbon but the driveway looks great!

I posted here before, always enjoy an opportunity showing off my car.....
WOW, you put in work!!

My lil project

1.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01922.jpg

These are pictures taken shortly after I bought it. It is going under a very large restoration. Should be able to post more up-to-date photos as the build progresses.

Back