Post Pics of your RX-7

I'm drooling here! We had an '86 vert in the family, but we eventually got rid of it because it just kept randomly dying i traffic and no Mazda tech could figure out what was wrong with it. Beautiful/awesome car though.

Maybe one day if I make millions I'll get a whole stable of RX-7's.

I'm drooling here! We had an '86 vert in the family, but we eventually got rid of it because it just kept randomly dying i traffic and no Mazda tech could figure out what was wrong with it. Beautiful/awesome car though.

Maybe one day if I make millions I'll get a whole stable of RX-7's.

faulty TPS or bad thermowax..

We had a local dealership "fix" the car repeatedly. But the problem would always come back. We would loan it to them for weeks and they couldn't replicate it most of the time.

yeah sounds like a bad thermowax... when those go bad or are removed they car will not idle untill warm and even then would stumble from time to time..

tps could do it.. low compression etc..

New to this forum. I'll toss a few of my red Turbo II in the mix.

http://bdc.cyberosity.com/v/ProjectCars/BDC/

bdc_fc_8.jpg

IMG_6358.JPG

IMG_5510.jpg

Yep.. its just gotta be functional. I am sure it rams up from the front bumper area...

Whats even more amazing is this car is NON intercooled.. and I can see the ALC injection in the pipes... very nice setup!!

Hey Dave, good to see you here. You look active here! Xboxthug13b showed me this forum. I had no idea it existed.

Stealthwyvern, yep it's 4" dryer/exhaust vent ducting. It's the kind that has the flexible joints. I used three of them to build the duct I affectionately call the 'Home Depot Motorsports and Racing Development Turbo Inlet Duct'. :) It's wrapped in two things -- a generic insulation tape to help make it sturdy (so I can mount the damn thing w/o it becoming dis-jointed) and airtight as well as two rolls of DEI Cool Tape.

On the hot-air thing, I've got a whole thread about it on rx7club in the Auxiliary Injection section that goes over it. So far so good. I've run 24lbs of boost (1.66bar) on alcohol and 93 octane on a truly hot-air setup with intake air temps topping out at 102*F on a 71*F day.

B

Yeah, that's an older picture from 2001. I've had the car for almost 12 years now and have been screwing with it since day one.

B

Here is the '90 RX-7 we showed, last year. This one was a LT1 V8 powered version, though. After a successful show season, we sold it to make room for the LS6 Miata.

SD530015.jpg

This is my wife's '06 RX-8. This one still has the rotary in it. Nice car, too.

R14.jpg

poor rotary engine =(
sorry, just never saw any good reason to destroy a perfectly good rotary in lue of a piston engine

Back