How-To. Mazda5 Smoked Taillights and Side Markers

Can't wait to see them mate. Did you use any object or instrument to pop them out?

No, you could use a flat head screw driver but that might break something. All you need to do is push in the tab a little and push forward. It will seem really hard at first but just keep trying. My hand was hurting when I was done but it was worth it. I will post pics this weekend.

Ok here are 2 pics of the smoked reflectors I did. I did not black them out just a slight tint. It is about 3 coats of Nightshades.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

Used VHT niteshade. Remove your tail lights. Apply as much coats as you need to get the right shade. Put them back... Easy and quick

I know left one look darker on the pic but it is not in real...

Attachments

• 120-2087_IMG.JPG
    120-2087_IMG.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 591
  • 120-2088_IMG.JPG
    120-2088_IMG.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 362
  • 120-2089_IMG.JPG
    120-2089_IMG.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 327
reviving another old thread. :) Just tinted my tail lights with some %35 $10 gala cling-on window tint and electrical tape around to hold it in place. Like the result, now they match my smoked side markers... Will have to post some pics when my wife comes back from her shopping trip.

Tinted Tails??? I need to see.

I have been complaining about our tails for a long time now! We smoked the headlights (blacked out the chrome), smoked side markers, tinted windows, but those tails just stick out like a sore thumb!!

Picts please.

m.

DSC_0095.jpg

did mine last year with some stuff i bought at autozone i didn't even take the tail lights out i just used painters tape and news paper to cover everything and i love the way they turned out.

They are the ken side skirts from baysonr I have the whole ken kit the back lip didn't fit that's why its not on in the pic but its on it now.

Back