Cobb Access Port on Mazdaspeed6

so to get a clear answer on this....does the Cobb AP get control of the throttle and open it 100 % at WOT all the way to redline ?

The drawback of the Cobb unit and i'd say it is pretty major...Is the fact that you cannot tune it yourself. So you are missing out on optimal gains.

(notcool)

Where did you get that info from because I didn't read it on the site. All I'vefound so far is thatit keeps the throttl plate open longer... but doesn't keep it 100% open

rumor has it that this is going to be changed soon

Rumor where though? the MS3 guys are STILL waiting, and they've had the AccessPORT for a year now, and it's just now been released for the MS6. And considering the AccessPORT is simply a reflasher and not exactly an "EMS" how would one tune it without having their own specific equipment? Since as far as I can tell, the only ones who have access to tuning it is COBB themselves. Don't get me wrong I would love to be able to tune it on the fly with it because I like the fact I can read OBD-II codes and my fuel mileage with it... but I just don't see it happening any time soon. and if it did happen it would most likely be an add on fee to the original $700... so in essence it could very well just cost as much as a CP-E standback with PnP wiring now.

Last edited:
its accestuner race. It allows you to make adjustments to ots maps and make them custom and then update your ecu via the accesport. It is in beta testing right now for subarus and mazda rx-8's.

its accestuner race. It allows you to make adjustments to ots maps and make them custom and then update your ecu via the accesport. It is in beta testing right now for subarus and mazda rx-8's.

Awesome.... is there a forum or something with info about it so I can keep an eye on it?

look at my logs and you'll see its open 100%, yes the logs say 85% but that is actually all the way open. And you'll see its open the whole way to redline.

Ah the cobb forums, I guess I'll head over there and do some searching... is it only talk by forum members, or have any of the Cobb tuners chimed in with their opinions?

look at my logs and you'll see its open 100%, yes the logs say 85% but that is actually all the way open. And you'll see its open the whole way to redline.

HUH? I think I missed the part where 85% is equivalent to 100%? You sir, have confused me, as that seems mathematically improbable.

Ah the cobb forums, I guess I'll head over there and do some searching... is it only talk by forum members, or have any of the Cobb tuners chimed in with their opinions?
cobb guys have validated that cobbis hiring more software programmers to help make the accestuner race available for more cars starting with the speed3 hopefully buy the end of the year. My guess is the speed6 wont be far behind

cobb guys have validated that cobbis hiring more software programmers to help make the accestuner race available for more cars starting with the speed3 hopefully buy the end of the year. My guess is the speed6 wont be far behind

Works for me.... if that happens then I'll end up buying the AP over the others... but I'm trying to figure out how far along.... if I were to alread buy the AP now, I'd still be able to use the software when they develop it? Or would I need to be getting a new updated/upgraded AccessPORT?

HUH? I think I missed the part where 85% is equivalent to 100%? You sir, have confused me, as that seems mathematically improbable.

The math ends up being "100% less the throttle opening at idle" ... it's just the way the parameter on the Dashhawk reads. So anyone seeing 85% is showing that because they have an idle opening of 15%.

All of the other "full throttle" flashes are the same (CP-E, & Piasini).

The math ends up being "100% less the throttle opening at idle" ... it's just the way the parameter on the Dashhawk reads. So anyone seeing 85% is showing that because they have an idle opening of 15%.

All of the other "full throttle" flashes are the same (CP-E, & Piasini).

Thank you for clearing that up for me.... I appreciate it. I understand it now (I think), so the throttle is 100% open, but the dashhawk just shows it 85% because of the 15% from the idle, right? Cool... now if they get a software that allows me to tune it/custom map it and apply it to the AP.... Cobb has my money.

Installed mine today n all I am in love. Car feels alive and the pull is awsome...

cobb will be changing their AP software to be able to log also eventually so those with dashhawks will no longer need them.

cobb will be changing their AP software to be able to log also eventually so those with dashhawks will no longer need them.

Awesome news to know, and I'd been considering a dashhawk too, thanks man (rockon)

bova would it be bad running the 91 octane map if all I use is 93? I am planning on getting the AP but not sure if I should wait for the 93 octane maps or if its ok to run the current ots maps with 93 octane fuel.

no its not bad to run the 91 octane map if you use 93, you'll actually be more safe by doing that. the 93 octane one should be released shortly though.

Back