Mazda Paint Sucks

i dont have crazy amount of scratches on the hood just a few. ive got some on the side and a big one on the trunk. i had tar on my car once didnt know till i was washing it and when i went to clean it some paint came off too! i was pissed. but something you could use for the front is 3M clear bra. it doesnt make the car look ugly like the black "leather" ones do. you can only see it when your up close. its expensive it think its around $300 for just the front but it does help.

Anyone have a paint thickness meter that can measure our paint's thickness in microns? I would love to know how thin it is compared to other manufacturers.

I have a clear bra, and you really can't tell its there, it works great and came a with like a five year warranty or something that if it gets messed up the company will replace it. My only regret is that I waited until I already had 15k miles on it before I got it so it already had some damage but its worth the money!

dude, speed demon, your car isn't half as bad as mine. But either way it sucks. I bought mine from a older guy who commuted like 150+ miles per day all freeway, my car is almost two-tone now haha, all well, the tranny and motor are a lot healthier for it.

new mazda paint is water based paint which isnt as strong as the original urethane paint

"better for the enviroment" but shittier on the car

My car has 75k and one rock chip on the front. I wonder if the silver is thicker than black? I know my protege looked much worse with fewer miles. It was black.

I bought my 3 in June of '08, black mica sedan...I have to agree, the paint seems 'soft' as hell..I almost try not to look too close sometimes...couple good scratches and chips. One thing I noticed,on driver's door where i push it closed,same on trunk,lots of light scratches...they will come out w/a good waxing, but seriously,it's only my hand! I never close them w/ keys in same hand.
Oh well, I still love this car

i got an 08 speed3 with 18000 miles. front of it looks like it has chickenpocks. lol.. any1 no if a good detailer can get chips out? or does it have to be painted?

i got an 08 speed3 with 18000 miles. front of it looks like it has chickenpocks. lol.. any1 no if a good detailer can get chips out? or does it have to be painted?

http://www.tintmax.com/ <----best in LI. hes only the only one ill let wash my car

talk to steve. top of the line detail takes 12 hrs and is by appt only. prices are from 200-300 depending how in depth you want to go.

My black mica is the same. Mainly the front end, which always looks like I've been driving in snow, but there are some scratches on the rear too. The paint is quite soft and stupidly thin, many of my scratches have gone through to metal and I'm tempted to get the whole car vinyl wrapped, only because it affords more design opportunity than a respray would.

WOW!!! For some reason I thought that the owner before drove in a bad area. So didnt think much of it. My car looks like the pics above. Even though someone repainted the front bumper. This is a sad story for Mazda cars.

I'm budgeting for a full repaint with URETHANE PAINT......apparently our paint is water-based, and it's thin and soft......I wanna see a guy in a full respirator suit shooting paint when I do it.....especially living in Michigan with it's rock-flinging gravel trucks from hell!

Blackmica, check out the MI section.

I definitely feel ya on the chipped up front end. It would help if MDOT would clean up the damn roads.

Back