can I put 15 inch rims I have 17 inch now

LJ1

I want to put 15 inch steel rims from my Mazda 3 2006 on my Mazda 3 Sport 2.3 2006 that came with 17 Alloy wheels for the winter. They seem to fit but am wondering if anyone else has done this with success.
Thanks

i was only able to get 16" on my car and those are so very close to the calipers. though the best bet is to test fit and make sure you have the correct clearance. with the correct offset it may work i haven't heard of it on a 2.3 though.

I want to put 15 inch steel rims from my Mazda 3 2006 on my Mazda 3 Sport 2.3 2006 that came with 17 Alloy wheels for the winter. They seem to fit but am wondering if anyone else has done this with success.
Thanks

i was only able to get 16" on my car and those are so very close to the calipers. though the best bet is to test fit and make sure you have the correct clearance. with the correct offset it may work i haven't heard of it on a 2.3 though.

Having just checked the spec sheets for the '06 3 4-door, the i Series came standard with 10.9" front and 10.4" rear discs and 15" steel wheels (16" alloys on the i Touring) and the s Series came standard with 11.8" front and 11.0" rear discs and 16" alloy wheels (17" alloys on the s Touring and s Grand Touring).

Subtracting the diameter of brake disc from the diameter of the outside of the wheel leaves just 3.2", which is actually just 1.6" of clearance to the edge of the disc. And while that's not taking into account the difference in interior and exterior diameters ("thickness") of the wheel, I seriously doubt that the brake calipers are even that shallow.

In short, I'm thinkin' that the 15" steelies won't fit. At best it would be an extremely tight fit.

Sorry, man. :(

Back