Finally! I'm new and I finally bought my first car!

djpatm

:
Black Cherry Mica 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
Hey, thought I'd say hi here first before I started posting.

I'm a 18 year old college student from Calgary Alberta Canada and finally after 2 years of saving, alot of paperwork and quite abit of stress I bought and imported from the states, my Black Cherry Mica 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 sport.

Car is in excellent condition and had 26,000 miles when purchased. It cost me 17,400 at auction in florida without dealer fees, with the fees and the exchange rate my total came 19,800 (Bought it through my uncle and the bastard still charged me 2 grand extra). It cost around 1000 and change to bring it up here and after all was said and done, I paid 21 thousand to have it here on my driveway.

Car is completly stock as of right now minus the conntinental tires I put on during my journey home. However tommorow I'm going in to get my windows tinted (20 all around) and maybe to pickup some LED lights to swap the stock rear turn signals with.

Here are some pics of my car after it was bought at the auction:

n580000050_3718753_3902.jpg

n580000050_3718755_4610.jpg

n580000050_3718758_5516.jpg

n580000050_3718759_5826.jpg

Congrats !!! I also have a black cherry ! I thinks its prob the sexiest color especially around dusk!. I have like 30,000 miles on mine now no major problems yet ! well at least nothing a warranty hasn't covered. Enjoy it , Ive had mine a year now,and I still get excited to drive it every time !

Welcome! Clean looking car and one of my favorite colors as well. Any plans for it already?

Welcome! Clean looking car and one of my favorite colors as well. Any plans for it already?

Yeah. Tints and white led turn signals tommorow.
After I get winter tires and some cheap rims I'm planning on getting the mazdaspeed intake and the CP-E exhaust system. Hopefully I can get clear (or smoked, havent decided yet) side markers aswell.

Oh! and my A/C clutch gave out on the way home! I gotta get that fixed too... its not too much of a priority yet cause who needs A/C in a canadian winter

Real sharp & looks new!

You should be real proud that u bought the car yourself.
Nice to see a responsible young person one that is worthy of such a nice ride!

Best of luck & enjoy your ride!

After I get winter tires and some cheap rims I'm planning on getting the mazdaspeed intake and the CP-E exhaust system. Hopefully I can get clear (or smoked, havent decided yet) side markers aswell.

Oh! and my A/C clutch gave out on the way home! I gotta get that fixed too... its not too much of a priority yet cause who needs A/C in a canadian winter

Very cool. You might have trouble finding the MS CAI since they discontinued it back earlier this year, but there are plenty of others that are good. I'd look into smoked LED side markers from RPM, they should really compliment the color of your car.

AC helps clear the windows in the winter by getting rid of humidity in the cabin. In some modes, the AC will run automatically even if you don't have the AC light turned on.

Nice car, how was the import process?

Um, it was pretty stressfull but only cause I didn't have much of a plan and was pretty to new to everything. If I ever do it again it'll probably very easy cause now I know the process.

But next time I'll only do it with a brand new car and only from somewhere close like Montana.

Ah yikes, sorry to hear that. A car from Florida is pretty far. How was it brought up, driven or shipped on a truck?

A friend of mine brought in an 07 STI from Seattle and was very successful. He just followed the documents he found online on the importation process and was able to get everything done in a weekend.

It was driven. I guess the actual logistic part of it was really smooth and easy. It was just the actual going down and getting it and waiting for the title, trying to book off work, those things were stressfull. Getting all the documents, sending them out, that was extremly easy.

Thats why next time itll be a new car from montana. buy it, send the title to the border, pick it up 3 days later, have the dealer print off a recall clearence letter, drive home that same day, get it inspected (damn thing will hopefully have daytime running lights stock) and done in less then a week.

Dont forget SPRINGS it will look very nice .... H&R are the way to go IMO.
Yeah my AC compressor is on the way out also.... even though the dealer says the sound its making is normal...... yeah right it will be goin soon.

Wow very nice, I love the color of your Mazda, very sexy I think. Did yours come standard with those pedals?

Wow very nice, I love the color of your Mazda, very sexy I think. Did yours come standard with those pedals?

I'm assuming so?
I bought with them on and there was no other mods on the car except for a hardwired powercord from what I assume was a radar

Back