Finally my 5 arrived after 2 months! Questions...

derstar

IT was a long wait here in Toronto...

2nd "flow" of 08 finally arrives... the 1st punch of 08 only sold to lucky owners 2-3 months prior. (Are they slow in making cars or this is a surprising year?)

Wife been waiting mad and was saying why shouldn't they register the car as 09 since now is almost late Aug.

Anyway, its worth from the long wait! this was also the worse car buying process we experienced, almost like buffet, we done everything in our own. Friends over Benz forum say its part of the deal if you are buying a Japanese car here in Canada.

Anyhow, has anyone been hooking up a trailer? or is it even possible to install a class 1 hitch? I know the manual read the car is not designed for trailering even class 1 tasks.

But i really hope i can hook up one for work...

Anyone been hauling things around?

(first)

Attachments

• DSC03104.JPG
    DSC03104.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 368
Congrats on the purchase. I'm in Ottawa and have made a couple trips to TO this summer to see the inlaws and both times we were there I saw a grandtotal of only one mazda5 on the road. I thought that was odd as I see them everywhere here in Ottawa. Maybe it was just the area I was in.

It seems the Ottawa dealers (Bank Street, Kanata, Performance at least) keep a good stock. Carling, not so much (they had 3 5s when I went looking).

One reason why you waited was because of the Copper Red Mica on a GT. I was told I'd be waiting for a GT in Copper Red, so I bought a GS on the lot and added a few options that I wanted. Saved a few bucks too...

Nice 5! :D

Ryan

i was one of the lucky one.. i purchase my 08 in december 07 and waited 2-3 weeks for my car. i got my car in mid january of 08. so it wasn't too bad.

and i did work at a mazda dealership not too long ago in toronto and yes the wait is LONG for these things for some odd reason.. no body have gave us an answer. mazda like to keep their employee in the dark.

nice 5. btw.. if u're in toronto.. depend on which part u r from. i'm in scarborough/markham/richmond hill area. i have a galaxy grey GT with tints/6000k HID/bug and window defector..

My 5 took 4 full months from the time of order until the time of delivery. Then again, my wait coincided exactly with the Cougar Ace situation, so that may have played a role in the wait.

...oh, and putting on a tow hitch is the quickest way to void your warranty. (Well, that or draining your engine oil and doing some redline runs :D) Just saying though, seriously, it's not spec to tow and if a by-the-book tech ever sees it, you'll get a tounge lashing. If you ever have drivetrain problems, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll blame it on that, too. All that being said, for VERY light duty stuff, I personally don't see a problem vs these idiots that tow with their 1.6L Civic :rolleyes:

Congrats...

Almost took the same path as my wife really wanted a Red Mazda 5. We ended up getting a black one as we can't wait for 2 months.

haha i live pretty close to there! did you get your car at gyro? i bought mine at agincourt mazda and they're pretty bad for service. scarboro mazda has treated me really well though.

i ordered my car in the beginning of july 2006 and got it at the end of august 2006, so my wait wasn't too bad, but the mazda5 is REALLY hard to get in toronto. i rarely see more than 2 on the lot whenever i take my car in for servicing.

i got my car at Agincourt. I work at the industry myself.. at the time i was at a Nissan store, and i know the people working at agincourt.. so i bought it there..

i should be working at scarborough mazda starting next week

Congrats on the purchase. I'm in Ottawa and have made a couple trips to TO this summer to see the inlaws and both times we were there I saw a grandtotal of only one mazda5 on the road. I thought that was odd as I see them everywhere here in Ottawa. Maybe it was just the area I was in.

I go TO-Montreal once or twice a week and i see along on the way, especially in Montreal area, lots 2008!

but not in To although the number is growing very rapidly (dance)

Thanks Guys for the warm welcoming, really appreciate it.

Brought at Gryo, as its the only dealer having some one actually came over and ask us. The rest of the 3-4 dealers, no one even bother to come over and ask if we needed help. We've at least sat and crawl to the back bench each visit.

So whoever work in Mazda, please go back and file some complain!

I'm not the only one experience poor buying experience...

So surprise to see so many m5 owners here in Canada... we need to meet at least once before winter =D

My 5 took 4 full months from the time of order until the time of delivery. Then again, my wait coincided exactly with the Cougar Ace situation, so that may have played a role in the wait.

...oh, and putting on a tow hitch is the quickest way to void your warranty. (Well, that or draining your engine oil and doing some redline runs :D) Just saying though, seriously, it's not spec to tow and if a by-the-book tech ever sees it, you'll get a tounge lashing. If you ever have drivetrain problems, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll blame it on that, too. All that being said, for VERY light duty stuff, I personally don't see a problem vs these idiots that tow with their 1.6L Civic :rolleyes:

Just thinking hooking up a tiny sub 500 lb trailer... and another 500 max lb of load... its simliar to a M5 full of 6 adult passenger and something no the roof (cabpatch). I guess no need to add a tranny cooler?

derstar. i should be starting at scarborough mazda next week. let me double check first about hooking up a trailer. from what i remember, the M5 is not recommended to add a trailer to it. and if u do it.. they might void your warranty

I'm sorry to hear about your buying experience, I have the exact opposite dealing with Mazda dealers in the TO Area! But then I used a different method than most when buying. I just emailed the sales manager of each dealer (mass email using BCC) with my timelines, expectations and requirements. From the responses I narrowed it down to 3 dealerships. And in the End buogh from Scarboro Mazda. Whole process took me probably 2 hours of my time total! and I used Car Cost Canada! I ended up laying 2% over invoice which was the best deal around! (2006). I did have to wait 3 months for a Silver GT with Manual tranny and Climate!

On the other hand, the "big 3 dealerships I've dealt with over the years...." don't even get me started!

I love the colour - if that had been the red (instead of the Cardinal Red) in 2006, I would have bought it for sure. I'm up to 100,000km now, and still loving the car.

Many congratulations on your purchase! :)

Latest posts

Back