Rear brakes not wearing properly

assman

:
07 MS3
Anyone have their rear calipers seizing up a little or just not working properly causing the top half of your rear rotor to just rust and not get used??

Any advice on how I might be able to get this warrenty fixed?

Anyone have their rear calipers seizing up a little or just not working properly causing the top half of your rear rotor to just rust and not get used??

Mine has been that way from day one

Can you explain "top half"? The top of my rotors becomes the bottom several times per second when I am moving. A picture would be enlightening.

Can you explain "top half"? The top of my rotors becomes the bottom several times per second when I am moving. A picture would be enlightening.

He is talk about the OD of the rotor. I have a ring of rust around 1" to 1.5" wide near the OD of the rotor on the portion that the pad touches.

lets see some pictures.

Here are 2 crapy pictures with my cell phone. One side is worse then the other and it has been getting better. I have about 11K miles on the car now.

P080825001.jpg

P080825002.jpg

Mine is the same but alot worse. My RR is rusting double the size of your top pic.

But it seems im not the only one. And since it doesnt say to lube the calipers until 24km I havent bothered, but I think before the week is over I will rip them apart and lube er up for a good ride!

Mine is the same but alot worse. My RR is rusting double the size of your top pic.

But it seems im not the only one. And since it doesnt say to lube the calipers until 24km I havent bothered, but I think before the week is over I will rip them apart and lube er up for a good ride!

Mine were worse but have been getting better, let me know if that helps fix your problem

Hmm. This is from your brake pads not being parallel to the disk surface. It could be that the caliper or caliper bracket is bent. It could be the sliders need lube. Or it could be the rear pads are used so little, they aren't broken in yet. If it is getting better, I would leave it alone as the pads will eventually bed in to match the rotor. If it's not getting better, get it checked out by a brake tech.

i have heard that if you use your brakes alot (get them very hot), like at a track. Then put your parking brake on it can melt the pads. Thus, it holds the pads against the hot rotor.

i went in to get an my oil changed, it had been raining out. the tech put the car on the lift an pointed out that my rr rotor was slitly rusted from top to bottom while my other ones were clean. im going in tommrow to have them check it out i will up date when i get the info.

Back