Current 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT selling price ?

parkerfe

:
2008.5 MS3, 82 Ferrari BB512i, 08 Suzuki Hayabusa
I looked at a red 2008.5 MS3 GT today with Nav, Sirius, Homelink... pretty much loaded. The MSRP was $27,183 and the dealer said he will accept $25,400. I still think that is too high as the 2009 MS3 is already out. I sent him an e-mail offering $22,183 for the car and am still awaiting his reply. What do you guys think its worth?

Last edited:
i would never sell you a car if you offered me 3300 less than an acceptable offer and 5 grand less than the msrp. do you really think mazda dealerships have that much profit in the car? 18%???
i also think you're point about the 09's being out already will be moot. the car is in demand, no matter what year it is and dealers know that.

i would never sell you a car if you offered me 3300 less than an acceptable offer and 5 grand less than the msrp. do you really think mazda dealerships have that much profit in the car? 18%???
i also think you're point about the 09's being out already will be moot. the car is in demand, no matter what year it is and dealers know that.

The demand may be higher than supply in California, but this dealer has several unsold early 2008 MS3 as well as a couple 2008.5 MS3. The longer they sit, the less they're worth; especially with 2009 MS3 rolling in. I suspect he will come very close to my $22,183 offer...

ahhh, i see...good luck.
so long as you commit to a car on the lot, i'm sure they will give you a deal, especially if they do have a bunch on the lot.
just threaten to walk out as many times as possible in order to get your deal. hahaha

i realize you're not negotiating at the dealership, so that method won't exactly work for you.

are you shopping other dealerships? are there any others?

ahhh, i see...good luck.
so long as you commit to a car on the lot, i'm sure they will give you a deal, especially if they do have a bunch on the lot.
just threaten to walk out as many times as possible in order to get your deal. hahaha

i realize you're not negotiating at the dealership, so that method won't exactly work for you.

are you shopping other dealerships? are there any others?

I've stopped by the dealership several times over the last month or so to test drive the MS3...each time they tried to get me to buy, But, my current 2006 BMW e60 M5 lease doesn't expire until 9-15-08 so I have a few more weeks to negotiate...

If I'd found that deal here, I would've jumped. Mine is the only dealer in a reasonable distance and under that circumstance, that's a good deal. According to Edmunds, that car would sell for about a grand more here.

if you get 22,183...the dealer has to be desperate. that's like a couple thousand below invoice for a loaded GT.

grats if you can get that price. i was thinking 22,500 for a base GT with wheel locks for my offer.

I just got an e-mail and the dealer is now down to $25,000...I still think he will go lower...I love to negotiate!

Last edited:
Well I bought a 2008.5 black MS3 GT with Nav, Sirius and Homelink for $24,869 today. The car is in Alabama and will be delivered to my dealer on Tuesday. I can't wait until she arrives so I can get her broke it and have a little fun...

Back