Anyone added a TV/Screen deck and can use screen while driving?

UHATEIT

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3 Sunlight Silver
I just bought a touch screen dvd/tv style double din deck. Like all of them pretty much, they come with a brake cable wire that has to be connected or you will not be able to watch dvds or see the screen while driving the car. I have heard elsewhere that there are ways to get around this by grounding the wire, or connecting it to some sort of switch, anyone know what to do?

I asked the people at Best Buy and they said since ti was "illegal" to watch movies or have screens in the front driver's view while driving they cannot connect or modify the wire to work while driving. Hope some of you have this type of deck and know what to do or connect the wire to something for it to work.

I agree with the people at Best Buy. It is illegal, and also a bad idea. Do what you want, but I hope you don't do it anywhere around me. Driving is a full time occupation.

I agree with the people at Best Buy. It is illegal, and also a bad idea. Do what you want, but I hope you don't do it anywhere around me. Driving is a full time occupation.

I am not going to watch movies while driving. But I want the screen to stay on so that I can control everything, like changine songs from the ipod and the volume adjustments. The directions say that evern those things will not work while driving the entire screen will stay off.

Anyone know where, to what, or how to connect something to keep the screen on?

What exactly does it wire to? It should just need power or ground as a switch to turn the screen on and off. Unless it hooks to the spedo signal or something funky but i doubt it.

What exactly does it wire to? It should just need power or ground as a switch to turn the screen on and off. Unless it hooks to the spedo signal or something funky but i doubt it.

I don't know, it just says that I have to connect it to the e-brake and for the e-brake to be pulled for ths screen to work. I just want to be able to adjust my settings if need be without having to stop the car.

Get a test light and find out what it needs to work and hook it up accordingly. If it needs power hook it up to the red wire, ground hook it up to the black. In the dash I mean when you put in the stereo.

i read a thread on my deck that says it can't be connected to power or ground it has to actually be to the brake wire. But it says to the POWER SIDE of the brake cable?

I have a tt installed, using the HOW TO on here. Anyone know if the e-brake cable for the turbo timer is actually going to a power or a ground?

Back