Ordered a Corksport Test Pipe Today

AutoEuphoria

:
'08 CPW Mazdaspeed 3
Ordered a Corksport test pipe this morning...anyone know if this will make any difference in power? I'm doing it because the little ricer that lives inside me wanted a louder exhaust, but I gotta think that it'll free up a few horses. Definitely not the 25-30whp they advertise (LOL), but what kind of realistic gains could I be looking at? I was assuming around 5whp max.

I finished installing mine this past saturday and have put around 100 miles on it so far. Definitely made the exhaust sound a little deeper and slightly louder, but not much. It feels like it pulls harder, especially on the highway, but I have no real way to back that thought up. Overall though, it was a cheap mod and well worth it imo.

Well, I'm thinking about doing some logging with the DashHawk before and after to see if I can get any data.

I finished installing mine this past saturday and have put around 100 miles on it so far. Definitely made the exhaust sound a little deeper and slightly louder, but not much. It feels like it pulls harder, especially on the highway, but I have no real way to back that thought up. Overall though, it was a cheap mod and well worth it imo.

Glad you like it :)

In theory you should pick up some ponies, rev alittle quicker and maybe have some more top end. But we still have the Funky Mazda tune on board. Great, fairly inexpensive pieces that improve performance and sound. Probably more than 5. nice

i have a a race pipe in, which i really like. i have power until redline now, which is really nice. and i have a better sound

I tried searching most of the forums about people having fitment issues with the cs test pipe. Did any of yall experience any of these issues with installing the test pipe? This is my next mod and wanna know what to expect

Get the SU pipe, it fits better. I did not notice alot of extra power when I had my CS pipe on but when I removed it and put the stock pipe back on I did notice the car seem slugish. Where the CS pipe connects to a stock cat back I found was not a good fit. I sold the CS pipe to a member with a 3"cat back, which I have read has no fitment issues. After missing the extra little push the car had with the CS pipe, I decided to get the SU pipe and give it a try. The SU pipe fit perfectly and the car seems to pull harder and going WOT in 2nd gear at any speed causes the wheels to break loose and even in 3rd the wheels will break loose sometimes. I also have the Cobb SRI and the Forge BPV. , Blue w/2.

Yeah I saw some dyno results somewhere pre and post test pipe. The gain was 8 or 9 whp. Very nice for such an easy / cheap mod. As for fitment issues I have seen a few people have fitment problems with the CS pipe. I have the SU pipe and it fits perfectly. As for the noise . . . not much different. Just has a slightly different growl when you step on it. You will definately notice the power gain.

I disagree with that, you will get a power gain from just a test pipe. I think you would get a gain from a high flow cat as well. I got a power gain in my other vehicle from just a performance muffler

The only issue I had with fitment on the test,race pipe, was that the hardware was not long enough at the flange for the Corksport. I did speak to them and I thought they had corrected this by now. Auto euphoria, did you ever bolt up the pipe? also the real power gains will be realized at the downpipe as the flow increases to the point that boost starts to rise naturally and a tune would be something to consider. Just my opinion though. i do have a full Corksport installed since I last tracked the car. it is much faster now, I can assure you

I'm cool with my dealer, I do the thing where I tell people about them and get money if they make sales of the people I talk to. So they are pretty cool with me

Back