2009 Mazda6?

skylar2ups

:
2011 Mazda3 iSport
I have an '07 3 and I think I'm going to trade it in for the new 6. I went test drove all trim levels and I love the GT I test drove the V6 and have no need for that much power and thinking about the gas I think the i Grand Touring would be better for me it's alot more power then my iTouring3, but my question is does anyone have the new 6? I want to know how it is working for you. Day to day driving what you like what you don't that kind of thing. I would be getting a loaded model so if you have the loaded model let me now how all that works for you like the BSM which I am pretty sure would annoy me to death. Thanks guys.

PS I hope I am following the rules I read the warning and I can't think of a better place to put this thread.

i would go for it.

6spd 4 cylinder?

geeeettt iiit

i actually saw one today at the dealership. its a gorgeous car.

i would go for it.

6spd 4 cylinder?

geeeettt iiit

i actually saw one today at the dealership. its a gorgeous car.

I know I love the tail pipes on the GT they are amazing. The fit and finish is amazing on the car I know the US version is different from like the europen version but I still think it's a great looking car I kind of want to wait to see the new 3 I want more room though so I don't know and I can't talk to the dealer about this they will talk me into the 6 because it is like $5K then the top of the line 3hatch.

I've been looking to replace my wife's car for a while now. First I was set on a CX-7, but she ended up hating the feel of an SUV (she loves being low to the ground and having more "agility"). So tomorrow I'm headed to a dealership to see about getting a Comet Gray 2009 Mazda6 i Grand Touring.

If I'm able to get it for a decent price I'll let you know - seems like most dealerships are aware that people are interested in the new 6 and so they're not budging on price (most places I've seen have i GTs that START at $28k - almost thirty grand for a 4banger Mazda! Never thought I'd see the day)

If only my Mazdaspeed3 was as nice as the new 6 :p

I'll be taking delivery on a silver '09 Mazda 6 i GT sometime next week. Before TTL it came out to $25,700 - MSRP was more like $26,300 or so. After all was said and down OTD was $27,900.

The only dealership getting GTs w/o moonroof/Bose/NAV was 85 miles away, so I'll get a few hours under my belt on the 405 once I pick it up. I'm hoping it'll handle the rough freeway sections better than my MS3 :p

Two days ago, my wife and I took delivery of a '09 Black Cherry Pearl on beige leather sGT w/factory nav. I literally plucked it right off of the truck. I test drove it before it was even PDI'd.

Excellent car!!! Our first Mazda, we bought it for my wife. We have nothing but good things to say about it. It's quiet, it's quick and the safety and technology features are pretty cool. Wife doesn't know what to do with herself...she used to drive an '03 Rav4. This is definitely an upgrade for her.

The BSM is great for my wife. However, I found it a little annoying today while driving. I was definitely clear when making lane changes but kept getting the warning beep because the BSM is calibrated very conservatively.

I really like the auto dimming side mirrors. That was a feature I missed from my IS300.

The factory touch screen NAV is quite impressive. It responds and reroutes just as quick as the AVIC Z1 in my G35.

The factory Bluetooth and voice recognition systems are the best I've ever used. It does feel strange talking to the car. I guess I've just been used to yelling and repeating myself with some of the other voice recognition systems.

I never would have driven one if I didn't go with my brother to buy some touch up paint for his speed3. Funny how things happen :)

Last edited:
I want one so bad now... I think your comments might have pushed me over the edge. I'm still in college and I don't want my car to be dented... so I think I might stay with my 3 till I at least get my AA but damn I want that car

I want one so bad now... I think your comments might have pushed me over the edge. I'm still in college and I don't want my car to be dented... so I think I might stay with my 3 till I at least get my AA but damn I want that car

If you can, hold out another year and get a 2010 model. That way us 2009 owners can help mazda work out some 1st year bugs and make it even better for later owners. ;-)

If you can, hold out another year and get a 2010 model. That way us 2009 owners can help mazda work out some 1st year bugs and make it even better for later owners. ;-)

Good plan. I want them to come back with the SEED6 too.

I've driven both the V6 and the I4, and I posted up a pretty lengthy impression list. That car to me is much improved and a huge step in the right direction. After moving from a Protege to a 1st gen MS6, I would suggest moving up to the slightly larger vehicle, especially if you go with the I4. It's more than capable of getting you around, and the T or GT trim is a solid choice. The V6 is quick, fun to drive, but I couldn't live with an auto unless it had paddles or I had no other choice of any vehicle in the segment.

Picked it up a few hours ago - initial driving impressions after ~50 miles on the freeway are extremely positive. The stock stereo (non-upgraded) is decent enough, Bluetooth setup was a SNAP, and its extremely comfy. Before TTL it was $25,700 - OTD was about $27,900.

Seriously Mazda, throw the that turbo MZR 2.3 in here, get some stiff suspension, sticky tires, and a 6spd MT and I'll trade in my MS3!

Two days ago, my wife and I took delivery of a '09 Black Cherry Pearl on beige leather sGT w/factory nav. I literally plucked it right off of the truck. I test drove it before it was even PDI'd.

Congrats on your purchase & best of luck with your new ride!

I just bought my sGT "Black & Beige" today & pick it up on Monday.
Question: do you have to buy a receiver for the Sirius satellite radio?
I thought I read it came with one of the packages but now reading it's extra?

Back