Low Tire Pressure Light

Darkhorse

This is like the 3rd time i've gotten a light for low tire pressure. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a leak but i could be wrong cause the car is still fairly new. Every time i go to fill up air, one of the tires are around 30psi, usually the back right. From a eye point of view, they look completely fine. I was wondering if anyone else has any problems with this?

you have a slow leak.. i didn't believe mine the first time sure enough I had a nail in my tire and every time after that it goes off sure enough I have a leak.

If there is no true sign of leakage, there is a problem with TPMS and the rain sensing windshield wipers. I had it fixed at the dealership about a month ago and only get the TPMS light flashing when there is a real issue now.

FYI

Same things happened to me....had a slow leak as well (nail).....get it checked out. Visibly checking these tires is impossible.

I had issue with TPMS coming on multiple times.

First time they just blew me off. Filled tire with air and sent me on my way.

2nd time light came on and shortly after went off.

3rd time brought it it..sure enough was a nail in the tire.

Visual inspection is not enough to tell if the tire is losing pressure.

Need to check tire pressure.

As other have stated...If you check and tire pressure is low..U fill it with air..and light comes on again and pressure drops..def have a leak...more than likely a nail.

Assuming you haven't bent the rim.

Or it could be an issue with one of your sensors as I have experienced. But if your pressure is off either above or below the light will come on. Its pretty easy to tell if you have a sensor problem. If the light is blinking with no beeping sound and then stays on for key cycle or two then turns off once again... Then yes one of your sensors if ******. Dealer asked me if I had screwed with one of them and Ij ust laughed telling why the hell would I have messed with one of them. Idiots sometimes...anyway, If it goes away after setting the correct tirep ressure then your sensors should be fine. Just check your tires.

Or it could be an issue with one of your sensors as I have experienced. But if your pressure is off either above or below the light will come on. Its pretty easy to tell if you have a sensor problem. If the light is blinking with no beeping sound and then stays on for key cycle or two then turns off once again... Then yes one of your sensors if ******. Dealer asked me if I had screwed with one of them and Ij ust laughed telling why the hell would I have messed with one of them. Idiots sometimes...anyway, If it goes away after setting the correct tirep ressure then your sensors should be fine. Just check your tires.

really it will come on above?? how high?

Fill a spray bottle with soapy water, dowse the tire and check for bubbles forming. Or, find a tub big enough for the tire/wheel, fill it with water, submerge the tire/wheel entirely and look for the bubbles. Easiest way to tell if and where you have a leak.

that's news to me... whats the threshold? Those who AutoX I wonder if they have seen this...

on the low side I think the threshold is roughly 23psi

This is like the 3rd time i've gotten a light for low tire pressure. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a leak but i could be wrong cause the car is still fairly new. Every time i go to fill up air, one of the tires are around 30psi, usually the back right. From a eye point of view, they look completely fine. I was wondering if anyone else has any problems with this?

Wait a minute...

People are talking about possible problems with the TPMS, nails in tires, etc...

A very simple question:

Does one of your tires have a slow leak or not?

Forget that your car is new or that the tires appear to be OK. What does your tire pressure gauge tell you?

This is not rocket science.

Wait a minute...

People are talking about possible problems with the TPMS, nails in tires, etc...

A very simple question:

Does one of your tires have a slow leak or not?

Forget that your car is new or that the tires appear to be OK. What does your tire pressure gauge tell you?

This is not rocket science.

okay you twat, all i'm stating is that i've checked the tire pressure it seems to be fine, around the 32-34 range in all the tires. Nothing drastic enough that i figured that a light would come on. All i'm asking is that if its normal and if others have experienced any similar issues.

Pertaining to what i stated in the first post, the TPMS light always comes up in the morning? Just wondering how much the temperature outside could play in this? It's just weird how it happens everytime in cold or sub cold temperatures.

is your gauge accurate? if it happens every morning when the tires are cool, why dont you just put 5 more psi into all four tires, and see if the problem persist..tomorrow morning. you could get really scientific and just add the air one tire at a time, and see if the light goes off.

i've seen significant difference from one pressure gage to another. I thought it was the same issue a cool morning in the spring but I've never see this happen even when it was 9 deg F outside and my interior display's wouldn't even come on. Worth getting it checked out ... ? If you're tire pressure heats up and its in the summer I'd think the light would go out. Your tires are what keeps you stuck to the road don't wanna mess with them when you're taking an exit ramp hard...

okay you twat, all i'm stating is that i've checked the tire pressure it seems to be fine, around the 32-34 range in all the tires. Nothing drastic enough that i figured that a light would come on. All i'm asking is that if its normal and if others have experienced any similar issues.

I will quote you:

"Every time i go to fill up air, one of the tires are around 30psi, usually the back right."

Now you state that there is no problem whatsoever with the tire pressures.

Some people said that you have (or should check for) a slow leak.
Others have said that you may have a problem with the TPMS.

Can you understand the source of confusion?

Excuse me Matsuda, but nobody stated that he had a sensor or brain problem. We simply stated to check for slow leaks and if everything is fine, then yes there could be a problem with one of the sensors and or brain. You are the one getting everyone confused.

Back