08 / 08.5 interior differences ?

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
So Im at the dealership yesterday getting the wifey a new MZ5 and theres a TR 08 MS3 on the showroom floor. It has a few obvious diffefences in the interior than mine and i kinda wish I had them. Mines an 08 sport, buily in nov of 07. and the one at the dealer is an 08 sport built in april of 08. Is that a 2008.5 ? The interior is completely black, no grey on the seats or doors, no silver trim. its all piano black. And the needles on the guages are white insteads of orange. Other than those small interior differences its exaclty the same.

Oh and they had a brand new 07 MS6 still on the lot , and a brand new 09 Challenger se on the showroom floor.

hey white needles???? I need to see a pic of this anyone got one? I think instea dof all red the white would be a nice touch. Damn those upgrades... Pics if anyone has one of the new guage color/setup

hey white needles???? I need to see a pic of this anyone got one? I think instea dof all red the white would be a nice touch. Damn those upgrades... Pics if anyone has one of the new guage color/setup

Um... www.mazdausa.com FTW??? ;-) I can't get a direct link, but click this and click on interior. First image should be a great shot of the gauges.

Um... www.mazdausa.com FTW??? ;-) I can't get a direct link, but click this and click on interior. First image should be a great shot of the gauges.

badass bro, I was searching google at all attempts to try and see it, they aint got s*** on the gooels pics area of the needles. Thanks, I'm going to check that one out right now!

Just checked it, the white needle is a nice touch! I was wondering tho... the blue ambient lighting must be from the camera cuz I am not thinking that they light up the entire circle. I was really trying to find a way to mod that blue light to actually light up the entire ring around the circle. looks great in the pics, but too bad its not that bright in real life. the first picture in the second row on that link, is more like it, just lights up the top portion of the circle.

I think it would look sweet if they were brighter and the "mazdaspeed" wording lit up and stoop out a lot more. It's subtle, but I wish it stood out at least, brighter ambient lighting would do the trick

Last edited:
no, the blue rounds out the gauges and it's not dim....it looks great. it was one of the main things that made the interior catch my eye when I drove mine at night.

the blue ambient lighting must be from the camera cuz I am not thinking that they light up the entire circle. I was really trying to find a way to mod that blue light to actually light up the entire ring around the circle. looks great in the pics, but too bad its not that bright in real life. the first picture in the second row on that link, is more like it, just lights up the top portion of the circle.

I think it would look sweet if they were brighter and the "mazdaspeed" wording lit up and stoop out a lot more. It's subtle, but I wish it stood out at least, brighter ambient lighting would do the trick

no, the blue rounds out the gauges and it's not dim....it looks great. it was one of the main things that made the interior catch my eye when I drove mine at night.

i only see it light up the top portion not the entire round of the circle, and the mazdaspeed emblem is very dim

this picture is what it looks like, very dim blue and only the top is actually lit slightly
pho_gallery_MS3_int5.jpg

This is a picture with the shutter speed/aperature or whatever changed to allow in more light, it doesn't look THIS blue but I wish it did:
pho_gallery_MS3_int1.jpg

I'd like to mod mine to look as bright blue as that picture on the bottom. just not sure how to make the bulbs any brighter

Back