Front Windshield

goldhawk

:
Mazda 626
I have a problem with my front windshield. There is a film on the outside glass that will not come off.

Any suggestions on a product that might remove it? The whole windshield is covered and I have used several products already including Windex and a professional glass cleaner I have for my home windows.

Thank you,

Chris

Film on the windshield

When did this film start to appear on your windshield? did you was it at a gas station with one of them windshield washers? I seen a guy once ruin every window in the car because a previous customer wiped something nasty off with that wiper and put it back in the solution.. I would try a 50/50 mix of water & rubbing alachol. You could also put straight rubbing alachol on the windshield just apply in only on the glass. if this does not cut it, stop wasting your time and get a new windshield, they are not that expensive try www.fixmywindshield.com they can give you a price online and it will be from somone in your area..

Thanks,
Larry Diesbach
NGA Certified Technician
18 Year Auto Glass Veteran
www.autoglassindustry.com editor

I don't know how it got on my windshield or what it is. I just bought the car (626) last week and picked it up on Wednesday. When I test drove it I thought the windshield was just slightly dirty. Turns out I was wrong. Ironically, it is only on the front windshield. All the other windows are clean.

I will try the water and rubbing alcohol mix to see if it will work. What happens if it gets on the rest of my car?

Thank you,

Chris

Back