GI: SpeedCircuit Protege Turbo Kit

why not a flange for regular Tial WG ?

edit: can you put the flange for WG on side like MAM tubular T3 mani has it ??
Easier to mount.

can you release some pics of the interior of mani just like you did with the T2 version.

Last edited:
why not a flange for regular Tial WG ?

edit: can you put the flange for WG on side like MAM tubular T3 mani has it ??
Easier to mount.

can you release some pics of the interior of mani just like you did with the T2 version.

The reason for V band is that the Tial 38mm Vband is way shorter that the old 2 bolt version. I am hoping it will clear the rad etc but if not then a 90 degree adapter will go on there. I'll try and get a good shot of my computer screen so you can see the shape of the passages.

From the pics you've posted, the new T3 mani looks way bigger then its younger T2 version or it's not that much of difference ?

Will there be dyno # before / after comparing or just test fitting ?

it's got larger ports it looks like, but it's more of the angle you are looking at it that it looks bigger

From the pics you've posted, the new T3 mani looks way bigger then its younger T2 version or it's not that much of difference ?

Will there be dyno # before / after comparing or just test fitting ?

It's a little bigger. Dino sent me a jig to show where he wanted the turbo flange so I just made it to suit that. Turbo is held further away from the block and on an angle. This is just a prototype and the production ones will be slimmed down a little. Passages worked out nice and its going to perform very well.

Yup, so my eyes aren't lying. It makes sense too, bigger room inside for more flow and it looked like its in an angle but are you sure turbo won't be too close to radiator specially if someone was using CS radiator ?

As far as I can tell don't slim down , unless it has too much room inside.

why the divided flange ?
have you actually rerouted internal 1 & 4 to one side and 2 & 3 to the other ?

Yup, so my eyes aren't lying. It makes sense too, bigger room inside for more flow and it looked like its in an angle but are you sure turbo won't be too close to radiator specially if someone was using CS radiator ?

As far as I can tell don't slim down , unless it has too much room inside.

why the divided flange ?
have you actually rerouted internal 1 & 4 to one side and 2 & 3 to the other ?

The manifold was made using a jig that Dino sent me. He positioned a turbo in a car to get the flange location so I'm pretty sure it will clear the rad.

Divided outlet is just to make sure there is no reversion in the manifold. They are simply divided left to right down the middle. I actually made the passages quite small to get it spooling fast. Having an external wastegate takes care of flow at higher rpm.

Here it is!

Passages are divided in pairs to the T3 flange with 38mm Tial V-band wastegate flange.

Last pic shows the new manifold next to one of my stock replacement manifolds.

so when would u have them for sell. because i really need one and your my first pick on manifolds(friday)

Dino setup the jig on my car and used a bigger turbo than the one that will be used in the turbo kit.If you take a look at my avatar you can see i have a pwr 2 core rad. and i have a spal fan and everything cleared fine.As soon as we get the manifold well takes pics and give more specs.

Got the mani last evening and did a quick test fit.

First with the T3:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• img_2292.jpg
    img_2292.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 581
  • img_2293.jpg
    img_2293.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 716
  • img_2295.jpg
    img_2295.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 462
And then with the 2871R...

Attachments

• img_2299.jpg
    img_2299.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 337
  • img_2298.jpg
    img_2298.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 268
  • img_2297.jpg
    img_2297.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 245
  • img_2296.jpg
    img_2296.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 309
The car is running NA right now until the new motor is broken in.The turbokit will fit any 2.0L protege when its completed.

Latest posts

Back