GI: SpeedCircuit Protege Turbo Kit

So would it be acceptable to run this on a stock motored msp with a good tune and respectable amount of boost or are we looking at something you have to have a built motor for?

this wouldn't be any different from any other turbo kit on the market....they can't magically make a turbo kit that will be able to boost a lot and not damage the msp motor =P

So would it be acceptable to run this on a stock motored msp with a good tune and respectable amount of boost or are we looking at something you have to have a built motor for?

You could run 8-9psi on this kit safely with a stock motor. You could run more, but things will start to get risky.

Ive run 10 psi on the stock kit and i was happy so if i could run 8 on a hgher end kit id be more than content.

I'd definitely be interested. Having built 2 custom turbo setups on my previous cars, I'd much rather have a bolt on solution.

Dino if you can please make the manifold such a way that it will work w/ your kit and as well as working w/ any other T3 turbo, so other ppl that are in need of T3 mani won't be left in "dark again".

Looking forward to it.

The manifold that is coming with the turbokit will have a t3 flange on it as well as a external wastegate.Steedspeed is prototyping the manifold as we speak.

I'm definitely interested. Ive had a hard time finding a decent kit and a decent price. So, please keep us updated on this!

Last edited:
Manifold is done!!!

Hey all!

I'll have the manifold done this weekend so the wait will soon be over.

It features a divided turbo flange and V-band wastegate flange to suit the new Tial 38mm gate. I'm very pleased with how it worked out in the end and I think the passage design will give superb performance.

As always it will have a lifetime warranty and will come ceramic coated.

Interested

I've been looking for something for the P5 for some time now and I don't have the time to develop my own. -- I've been more temped to swap the engine due to the lack of bolt on options. If you've got something durable I'm interested.
Eric

Any updates on this set-up? also what is the final price , and how much would it be for the forged motor with head and this kit?

I know that but I wanted to see if they are doing any kind of deals if you buy the motor, head, and turbo kit together.

Hey all!

I'll have the manifold done this weekend so the wait will soon be over.

It features a divided turbo flange and V-band wastegate flange to suit the new Tial 38mm gate. I'm very pleased with how it worked out in the end and I think the passage design will give superb performance.

As always it will have a lifetime warranty and will come ceramic coated.

Post pics when you can. Also, be sure not to coat the first one in case I need to weld to it, etc. on the prototype setup.

Here it is!

Passages are divided in pairs to the T3 flange with 38mm Tial V-band wastegate flange.

Last pic shows the new manifold next to one of my stock replacement manifolds.

Attachments

• t3 protege 007.jpg
    t3 protege 007.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 325
  • t3 protege 006.jpg
    t3 protege 006.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 215
  • t3 protege 008.jpg
    t3 protege 008.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 197
  • t3 protege 009.jpg
    t3 protege 009.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 295
  • t3 protege 010.jpg
    t3 protege 010.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 372
Here it is!

Passages are divided in pairs to the T3 flange with 38mm Tial V-band wastegate flange.

Last pic shows the new manifold next to one of my stock replacement manifolds.

Is there going to be a provision for the egr on this manifold

Latest posts

Back