GI: SpeedCircuit Protege Turbo Kit

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
I'm gauging interest on building a SpeedCircuit turbo kit for the 3rd gen Protege (2001+).

It will not be compatible with the stock MSP turbo kit, however, an MSP will be able to upgrade to it.

Here's what I had in mind:

-Garret T3 60 Trim Turbo
-Custom SteedSpeed turbo manifold with external wastegate
-Tial external wastegate
-Greddy type RS BOV (or comparable)
-Mandrel bent aluminum piping
-Silicon couplers
-T-Bolt clamps
-Stainless steel oil lines and fittings
-2.5" Stainless steel downpipe with divorced wastegate dumptube
-Either a good FMIC or possibly an air:water intercooler
-All necessary hardware

Since everyone has their own preferences on engine management, none would be included with the setup.

However, you could use anything from a simple FMU for low boost to one of various engine management systems to fit your needs.

This turbo kit would be good for over 300hp.

The cost would be in the neighborhood of $3500 for this high quality kit.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edit:
Teaser pic:

attachment.php

Will you offering package pricing if one decides to have a motor built as well?

Pretty sure there be plenty of interest for this. Seeing how the other turbo kit takes months/years to build.

What I wanted to say would you sell the exhaust mani and DP by themselves once you get the kit up and running

I can probably do that, But like I said, they will probably won't be as cheap as they'd be if you purchased them as part of the kit.

the beauty of this is you would be able to actually get a hold of someone when you bought the kit. And if you have an MSP you could always sell your factory kit and make a decent chunk of your money back!

grr
yay for having an original setup? this is my setup Ive got right now (except Ive got an internal wastegate)

alas....I never got a chance to post up about the fitment with the manifold that Leen ran off for me

he only changed the turbo inlet flange from a t2 to a t3.....the turbo fits great, no problems at all

the only part that is -somewhat- annoying is the compressor is just barely able to clear the driver's side fan, it doesnt hit it, but it barely clears....however I could probably clock that housing a little bit in order for it to clear better

I am able to run it with stock piping as well (temporarily until my turbolife fmic comes in)

if you guys want a head start in the right direction for a downpipe, I modified the corksport s-pipe to fit up on mine and it worked great...however, since its an internal wastegate its got the 3-bolt discharge flange instead

good luck with this guys!

Back