Mazda3 17" Touring Wheels on p5

inspekt

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT, 2003 Protege5 MT
Hey everybody - I'm new to the forum, although I've been looking here for a while. I just recently found a set of 17" Mazda3 Touring/snowflake wheels for a total bargain. I'm having them painted a matte metallic charcoal gray. They'll be going on a yellow p5. I'll post pics as soon as they are finished and mounted up. Has anyone else out there done this particular wheel combo on a p5? Seems like it should look great...

I have yet to see this combo. I've seen the other set of 17s for the 3 on a p5 but not the snowflake design.

welcome to the forums btw.

Finally!

Hey everyone - check out the HOTNESS!! I just got my Mazda3 Touring/Snowflake wheels back. I had them painted a dark grey metallic. 215/45/17s if you are curious. The rest of the car is bone stock. This made a MASSIVE difference in the appearance of the car, and I stuck with OEM cause I kind of like that slightly altered factory look. Let me know what you guys think! An additional surprise was that the slightly different offset sits much nicer in the wheel wells...

Attachments

• IMG_1526-w.jpg
    IMG_1526-w.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_1527-w.jpg
    IMG_1527-w.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1528-w.jpg
    IMG_1528-w.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_1531-w.jpg
    IMG_1531-w.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 209
Hey everyone - check out the HOTNESS!! I just got my Mazda3 Touring/Snowflake wheels back. I had them painted a dark grey metallic. 215/45/17s if you are curious. The rest of the car is bone stock. This made a MASSIVE difference in the appearance of the car, and I stuck with OEM cause I kind of like that slightly altered factory look. Let me know what you guys think! An additional surprise was that the slightly different offset sits much nicer in the wheel wells...

I'm not really a fan of the snowflake design, but props to you for doing your own thing! I will agree with sticking with OEM for that slightly altered factory look http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123717824 Before these, I was running 2005 Tribute wheels....not everyone liked 'em, but I did and that's what counts!

BTW what is the offset?

True - it would look better with a drop, and I'll probably get around to that in the spring - one thing at a time! I do like those Miata wheels you switched to - I'm also curious about the larger Miata wheels too. I wasn't sure about these 3 wheels when I first picked them up, but in person and with the paint job they look pretty amazing, the flat face really contrasts nicely with the inward curvature of the side of our cars as it drops towards the ground.

wow...looks like a photoshop but isnt...thats a nice/wierd color u painted them lol

looks ok, ive been thinking aout cx7 wheels painted flat black on a p5, anybody think that would look good?

Back