2.0L build questions

Jspeed17

:
2003.5 MSP Titanium Gray
OK so i want to take that extra step in my MSP for some HP!!! I have a long block assy. from a 1995 2.0L 626. Besides the obvious differences between the motors(i.e. oil cooler, valve cover, oilpan, etc.), are there many internal differences that i can tell the machinist about????

not really any internal differences. this is everything you need to rebuild your motor.

http://www.*************.com/mazdaspeed4.htm

the 1st item on the page

I think the only thing you will need is the windage tray from your msp which is between the block and the oil pan and where your oil return line feeds into.

Last edited:
I think the only thing you will need is the windage tray from your msp which is between the block and the oil pan and where your oil return line feeds into.

Yeah i may need to just switch out the upper and lower oilpans from my stock block. How much power do you have with 19psi?? I have 440cc rc injectors-how much boost could i run efficiently with those?

Prob gonna go with the disco gt2860rs. A local performance shop guy said he'll sell me a brand new one for $950.

I'm maxing out my 565's not sure on the power but should be over 300whp.

$950 is probably rebuilt...that's extremely cheap!

I'm maxing out my 565's not sure on the power but should be over 300whp.

$950 is probably rebuilt...that's extremely cheap!

i got mine for 963 shipped from lsd motorsports. brand new. you just make an account on honda tech and you get the forum deal.

If my car doesn't sell in the next month or so I'll have all sorts of stuff proven to get you over 300 whp available... keep that in mind I guess depending on your timeframes.

I'll have literally everything up for sale, the forged engine (full long block with P&P'ed head etc) the turbo system, all the electronics etc.

so i was looking at the link, whats up with the stroked cranked, is that something worth doing??? i have never heard of it or anyone doing it.

+1

And what about getting the block sleeved? Is that necessary when building? I know it depends on your power goals, but when would that be necessary?

Latest posts

Back