Interesting H/L Swap and HID Swap Question.

ForceFed

:
Trailblazer SS AWD ....Still a Mazda Junkie Though.
OK....Heres the deal.

I am Swapping to the MSP single Bulb HEadlights....in my P5

I have a Set of Donor Harnesses from a Wrecked Sedan to wire into the P5 wiring to eliminate the Dual Harness that is there now.

I am considring usin HID's in the MSP Headlights.

If I buy a Set of HID's.....That will Fit the MSP Housing....Would the Plug and Play section of the Ballast plug into the low beam of the P5 Harness allowing me to change nothing?

IF not...If I bought a kit for the P5..would the Bulp I get with that kit fit into the MSP housing..?

Or do I need a bastard kit with bulbs for the MSP housing and Ballasts with plugs for the P5?

My ultimate goal would be to modify nothing and just plug in the HID setup.

But If need be I can get to cutting and HAcking.

Do you just want to have low beams? I just installed some blackout

protege sedan HL's into my p5, most of the universal HID kits just have a

power wire and ground that connect to the stock harness connector. So if

u get an H4 kit it will still work with the stock H7 harness.

Yeah..I am not worried at all about High beams.....Especially since the car wont get driven much and the fact the the Low Beam HID's will likely be more than enough light output compared t the Stocks.

I Rarely..I mean Rarely use high beams at all....Maybe if I am trying to see a street sign or something.

I was going to get the Slim DDM from Xenon Expert.

I was more concerned with how those Plug in..I have never actually seen the Harness on them atthe OEM connection point.

Anyone got pics of just this.

Its just spade style terminals that slide into the connector, they look like

the prongs that are on halogen H7 bulbs.

Oh..so they dont even have a Plug on them..
Perfect..I know exactly what you are talking about.

Cant believe they dont have a plug?

They might when I get done with them.

Mine was the same way, its a universal H4 kit and it uses spade connctors that slide into the stock wiring harness. The only probhlem i ahd with mine is that since they are HID low beam and halogen high beam (which makes no sense) i can only make one of them work. The hid's will work fine but my high beam indicator stays on or the halogen high beam will stay on with no indicator. But like you said, i dont ever use the high beams and they aare pointless with the HID's anyways so it doesnt bother me. I just unplugged the bulb for the high beam indicator. As far as your situation goes, i think if you dont care about high beams then plugiging the hid's into the low beam part of the p5 harness ought to work just fine.

Back