Cruise Control issues?

Hey all, something weird just started happening...

When using cruise control, tapping the brakes doesn't make it turn off. I can stand on them all I want, but it doesn't turn off cruise. Putting in the clutch, or the cancel button still works.

Has anyone seen this before? I didn't find anything by searching, but I wanted to check before I started crawling up under the dash... I HATE crawling up under the dash...

I too hate crawling under the dash but I am thinking that's probably what you're going to have to do...a friend of mine had a car that the brake lights stopped working on, and it turned out that a rubber spacer had broken and the pedal wasn't contacting the switch for the lights. I'm guessing it's probably something similar in your case. Get under there, depress the pedal and look for switches that should be depressed by the pedal but aren't. Hope that helps!

Hey all, something weird just started happening...

When using cruise control, tapping the brakes doesn't make it turn off. I can stand on them all I want, but it doesn't turn off cruise. Putting in the clutch, or the cancel button still works.

Has anyone seen this before? I didn't find anything by searching, but I wanted to check before I started crawling up under the dash... I HATE crawling up under the dash...

Are your brake lights working? If they are, it is probably not the brake switch. Unless Mazda used a multiple pole brake switch, in which case one failure might not affect the other.

Thanks, after getting myself under there, turns out the switch had gotten unplugged... Since nobody had said anything I figured it wasn't that, but guess I was driving around for 2+ days without brakes!(bump)

Back