Mazdaspeed 3 vs Mazda 3 5door

In case anyone from this discussion 8 years ago cares, I still have my MS3 (bought it shortly after the above discussion), don't regret that I bought it, and it is paid off since 2013. I always meant to come back to this discussion at some point and provide some closure, and I finally remember to do it today.

In case anyone from this discussion 8 years ago cares, I still have my MS3 (bought it shortly after the above discussion), don't regret that I bought it, and it is paid off since 2013. I always meant to come back to this discussion at some point and provide some closure, and I finally remember to do it today.
I still have mine, as well. In ten days, I'll have had it eight years and put a whopping 48K on it. Still runs great, sounds awesome and brings a smile to my face every day.

Still have my '08 MS3 which I bought new in Spring '08. Mods below. It's my daily driver. Uber reliable. 126,000 miles.

Hey, I've read this whole thread, and I am thinking about getting a MS3 for my first car, as in I own it. I am currently 16, though I would probably be getting this car when I am 17, and am completely into cars. My parents have a 61 bug that I will drive around till I get my first car, so I will have plenty of practice on a manual. But they do not want me to go to college up in Western with a bug because of reliability and safety issues. I am still somewhat in between the MS3 and the normal 3, although I keep leaning more towards the MS3. If any one has any other options for first cars, my two main requirements are that it is a stick and fun to drive.

Back