Need To Replace My Brakes...Help!

RG59061

:
2004 Mazda 3i Sedan
Once again I am amazed at how much Dealerships charge for their parts and labor.

My Mazda center wanted over $400 to replace only the rear rotors and pads! What the hell!

So...I have decided to tell them to "Shove It" and upgrade all four corners myself with new rotors and Ceramic or Metallic/Ceramic Pads.

The question is, since Brembos are not an option...what would be a suitable replacement for the OEM Rotors and Pads.

The rotors I would like need to be Slotted...and as stated above, the pads preferably in Ceramic or Metallic/Ceramic Hybrid.

I really need guidance on what I should get.

Thanks in advance for your help in the matter.

Stoptech

In the past I have gone with stoptech and have been very happy with them.

I'm not sure about Mazdas (yet), but on my previous car (vw) I needed a special tool to push in the piston. The tool cost somewhere around $100.

no special tool needed, and its very easy to do, go to s t r e e t u n i t . com and look at the rotors, they have stock, slotted, and drilled, you also might want to pick up some nice hawk pads to

I used some large needle nose pliers, and after I pinched the s*** out of my finger with them, I put a little block inside the grips to space them right and taped them up to make it easier. After that it was actually a breeze to do. I just changed my pads though, my rotots were still in great condition.

If the How-Tos are anything to go by, once the calipers are removed, the rotors are easily dismounted from the hubs...

And a $40 kit from Harbor Freight will take care of the caliper pistons.

Back