first going from Park to Drive 1st gear hesitant.?

99ProtegeKV

:
2002 Mazda Protege5 2.0L Auto.
ok i have a problem. i have a 99 protege 1.6 LX auto and when i first put the car into drive, and hit the gas, the car will jerk a lil.... then go. this is not good. i feel like im in an manual car with a bad driver. is this a real big problem? is there a solution to it. keep in mind. its usually only when i first step on the gas ffrom drive. when im like at a stop sign and make a full stop then go it doesnt do it, only when i first take off after changing from say, Park to Drive or Reverse to Drive or something. help me out. its kinda embarrassing, especially when u have chicks in the car.... haha

it looks like a oil pressure problem.

Did you ever change your tranny oil?

if not it would be a good idea,and put some syntec oil in there...

you can also have a look at the motor and tranny support for any loose,simple check,but can save a lot of money!

change the fluid. my wifes car did the same thing on the first start up every morning. had the fluid changed and every thing is fine now.

could this be due to a faulty motor/tranny mount? but that wouldnt explain the delay on switchin to 1st..mine has the same problem, switched the tranny oil and replaced the filter.. and still doin the same thing.. not as bad, but the problem stillt here.. so am thinking my tranny is messd up.

Back