ForceFed's Project P5 Build Thread

ANyone wanna help..I got 24 hours to get a Car fully prepped for paint on Saturday morning......

Wish me friggin' luck..I am gonna need it.

Well..Got the roof rack holes Sealed in last night.

I had a Buddy who is a Dent guy Cut out all eight Roof rack holes to fit some 1/2'' plugs he had, then we Sealed the plugs before installing them and covered them with sealer afterward.

They better not leak....LOL!

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20014.jpg

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20015.jpg

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20017.jpg

Also worked on a few more Dent/dings to get them squared away .

Now If I can just get the damn Car Sanded primed and blocked out before tonight...

Damn..WHy Am I on the computer typing this....I have work to do!

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20016.jpg

Super subbed.

This looks amazing. Can't wait to see the rest of the progress.

Good luck!

Well..I couldn't quite get the damn car ready for paint this weekend....SO It'll have to wait at least a week.

It better this way anyway....No need to rush..It'll just look like it if I do.

Hood Before Priming....This thing is/was in horribble shape.

I could spend countless hours getting this thing to look good on both sides..But I wont.
I will concentrate on the outside only for the most part.

I am gonna block it down, fix a few spots that showed their head last night after priming and Re-prime it today.
Then it should be good to go after a good blocking.

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20021.jpg

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20022.jpg

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20025.jpg

Parts Everywhere!
New Front MSP Bumper sitting there as well....Nice having new stuff that doesn't need but a few minutes of prep.

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20024.jpg

Yesterday..I managed to get all the handles Prepped, the liscense pocket garnish, the Fuel Door, Right Rear 1/4, RR door, RF door and RF fender, LR 1/4 all sanded down and ready for some spot priming.

Hopefully I get the rest Sanded down today and Spot primed before any rain decides to show.

I think I might actually have to make room for this in the garage.

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20027.jpg

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20028.jpg

P5%20Paint%20Prep%20Pics%20029.jpg

impressive skills. I don't think i would be a good body shop tech. I always prefer leaving any and all body work to the pros. can't wait for the future updates

yeah man, I admire your abilities. I think I'd be too scared to try something that big myself....painting my R/C car was stressful enough, haha.

Glad to see things coming along. Got mine running today. Maybe I could make it up there one weekend and lend a helping hand.

did u get the turbo back from pc-ing? i want to see how thats going to turn out

might have to get mine done, dude right down the street does it professionally
he does good work, but i dont know if i want to take the turbo apart, i dont really know much about that

Its hard to give a Price....I had a Guy From my bike forum DO it...and a bunch of other parts for my car and All Of my Bike Parts at the same time.

I have a couple of guys I use for PC'ing....He just happens to do HEat Coatings.

I think I got about $125 in the TUrbo and piping if you break it down that way.

well thats pretty cheap
i always thought pc-ing was expensive, but i guess not lol
whats heat coating? powder that has like ceramic in it or hows that work?
idk if the local guy over here does that or not

It actually is a cheap price..Jut because of who I have doing it.

I will discuss it a bit more with you in a PM if you like.

Back