Trans fluid how much?

:
03.5 YLW MSP
I'm currently in the process of replacing all the fluid in my new/used MSP. I recently completed a oil change and am looking into doing the trans with syncromesh. How much do I need for a drain and fille? Anyone know about this Scotty's transmission cocktail stuff?

I used 75w 90 syntec gear oil and filled it until it spilleed back out the hole. 3 liters or so.

(burnout)

i also filled my tranny till it ran out the hole you fill it in. i used a funnel and a hose to put the fluid in.

Attachments

• trans1we9.jpg
    trans1we9.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 349
  • trans2gx3.jpg
    trans2gx3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 323
stick w/ MT90 RedLine , its the most used one and no need for filter like ATX - remember that.

GM syncromesh every 35,000.
(or every 15k if you DILYSI, every 50k if you drive slower than a granny)

Well depending on how aggressively you drive , driving conditions its determined the interval.

Manual states every 2 years or 24k-30k miles what ever is first, for MT
AT is different however , its like 2x MT interval

Well depending on how aggressively you drive , driving conditions its determined the interval.

Manual states every 2 years or 24k-30k miles what ever is first, for MT
AT is different however , its like 2x MT interval

not really, Their about the same then every 30k .

Just curious, how often should tranny oil be changed anyway?

i'm looking at the mazdaspeed owner's manual....says nothing about replacing or inspecting tranny fluid......

also says nothing about replacing brake/clutch fluid and power steering fluid.....only says to inspect them.....

I used 1 qt of lucas oil stabilizer in the tranny. It was good stuff. I'll find the thread and post a link to it in just a few seconds.

I don't see anything in either the Protege owners manual or Mazdaspeed Protege owners manual about when to change the gear oil in the transaxle.

Synthetic gear oil has a higher service life than petroleum based gear oil, so going beyond what is considered normal drain intervals wont hurt. Neither will more frequent changes. I'd be more concerned about low level.

They have about the same life, depending on your style of driving.
The trans fluid must be replaced due to contamination not fluid degradation.

Back