OT: Just broke 200k

brickisred

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
In our 1994 Ford Explorer...
(wow)

Drives smooth, doesn't burn much oil at all.
Getting a bit noisy though. Maybe the timing chain, I dunno...

Any Pro 5's here go the distance?

Attachments

• explorer1.jpg
    explorer1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 200k.jpg
    200k.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 158
There's I believe 1 or 2 P5's approaching the 200k mark and form what I've heard, they've only had to do some routine maintenance for such a mileage.

Well that was right after a wash. Was going to sell it after we bought the 5, but who's going to buy a Ford with 199k on it? Has held up well over the years, although I had to replace the tranny a while back.

Maybe only washed once a year, never waxed. Paint on the hood is holding up better than the 5. I just noticed a LOT of specks which have just recently appeared. GRRRRRRR.

Im at 192.5 K

im getting there. Im hoping to be the first offical if not second PR5 at 200K

I thought I just missed it.

I've put 50K (kilometers) on in a year, so it'll add up quick. My old Mazda 323 died at 396K; the computer failed, it ended up in the junk yard.

I've got about 350K kilometers (~220K miles) on my BMW in my sig.

what is 50 kilos in miles?

I was putting on 25,000 miles a year for some time but I moved and I had spent a year commuting in with my dad other wise I would be well over 225,000

I've put 50K (kilometers) on in a year, so it'll add up quick. My old Mazda 323 died at 396K; the computer failed, it ended up in the junk yard.

I've got about 350K kilometers (~220K miles) on my BMW in my sig.

On the E34, I hope...

On a side note, BMW 2002's and BMW's from the 80's and early 90's are the ones to have IMO. I dream for a 1987 BMW M6...

I might have a 1990 royal blue bmw 325i convertible coming my way some day. It's an auto and needs a bit of cleanup, but it's a nice looking car!

my 96 explorer has 178k..runs awesome!...starting to rust away on me though...just need to hold onto it for another yr +-...the 02 p5 has 118K

Nice, I'd love to have an old Beemer. The older the better. Wanted one ever since I visited the BMW plant down in SC...

Sheesh, it's Bimmer, a beemer is a motorcycle.

On the E34, I hope...

On a side note, BMW 2002's and BMW's from the 80's and early 90's are the ones to have IMO. I dream for a 1987 BMW M6...

That's right, I've always loved the older bimmers, mines an '89 and the red 850i is my dad's, it's a '91 (and no it doesn't have anywhere near the mileage of mine)

Back