just another noob question about exhaust/headers...

dark55

:
2008 3i Touring
alright, so i live in california, at least for now, and i'm slowly (ok, maybe not THAT slowly...) upgrading my '08 3i to make her run faster and sound better. I've got an intake already, doing a couple of the basic mods, and then i'm going to start some serious work on the engine (i.e. pulley's, mounts, etc.). I want to get an exhaust that will be CA legal (thinkin' ark?) and i'd also like to get a header, but the list of published manufacturer's that are CA legal is A) a pain in the ass to navigate, and b) has NOTHING listed for the 3's. So, anyone ahve any suggestions on a set of headers that'd make me not fail miserable when it comes time to emission again? This is also on my slow road to getting her turbo'd...

Sorry to be rehashing what i'm sure are old topics, but i can't find anywhere that mentions CARB legal headers/exhaust setups. Thanks again guys!

yes, i'm much more worried about emissions than noise. i can pick a better exhaust to keep the noise down, but i would like to avoid failing emissions/visuals

there is no header that it is carb legal. these cars have 2 cats a primary in the header and a secondary further down stream. the only carb legal thing to do exhaust wise would be a cat back. sorry to burst your bubble man.

so something like the vibrant or thunder that has a hi flo cat on it wouldn't do the trick? son of a b...stupid california.

it may but its not carb legal so it could pass a sniffer test but not a visual as you don't have the paper work saying that X piece of aftermarket equip is carb approved.

Back