Getting ready to mod!

drledford93

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Hey all!

I just found a good deal on some FD RX7 wheels, so I have some extra $$$ to spend on other mods. Here's my question:

I have a CAI (custom) and I don't know if I should go for the DP (which one???), or go for the race pipe and a straight pipe from that back. I know most say that many say that there are no gains from replacing the cat back, but it seems with so many resonators along with the muffler that it adds up to a bit of restriction. Also, upping the diameter to 3" wouldn't be bad, either. Thoughts?

Also, with what I have done, would a BPV be a good idea?

Thanks!

Daniel

I haven't done anything to the exhaust on my mS3, but if its anything like the other 4cyl turbo I had, what they say is right. The cats in the dp/rp are the main restriction. Doing a 3 inch straight pipe catback will give you small gains over stock but probably nothing noticeable from the butt dyno. So the question is ... do you want to spend money on minimal performance? (if you want to pay for the sound, thats a different story) I have heard good things about the Forge BPV as a good upgrade in helping the turbo spool quicker, and hold better.

dont worry about a cbe do a dp if u wana start moddin ur exhaust i would just do a forge bpv for your next mod though.. or a tmw short shifter

Back