First DIY Oil and Tranny fluid change

elderlycoffee

:
2007 Sunlight Silver mazdaspeed 3
I'm low on fundage and way over due for an oil change and I've never had the tranny fluid changed and I'm so ready for some silky shifts again.

First off, What i the best synthetic oil and what grade do I get? How many bottles do I need?

Second, Whats the best tranny fluid and what grade do I need?

third, Are there any guides on how to do both? I've never done either before.

Just put all 6 quarts in there. It will not hurt it. What's the point of leaving 200ML in a bottle of oil? You're not going to damage anything putting a 1/4 of a quart more oil in the motor than you're supposed to even though the manual says it takes 6 quarts anyway.

Just put all 6 quarts in there. It will not hurt it. What's the point of leaving 200ML in a bottle of oil? You're not going to damage anything putting a 1/4 of a quart more oil in the motor than you're supposed to even though the manual says it takes 6 quarts anyway.

True story.
I changed my oil yesterday, I always put in half a quart less than it calls for then I started it and check it then I wait a few minutes then I pour in whatever else I need. When I checked it, it showed 1/2 quart low, so it equaled exactly 6 quarts, which is exactly what the owners manual calls for.

manuall calls for 75w-90 gl-4 for the tranny. gl-4 and gl-5 are not always backwards compatable some gl-5 has adverse efects on soft metals like brass in syncros so verifi it works. i used Royal Purple 75w- 90 max gear oil. for the tranny. and i use mobil one in the engine might change over to RP

Back