Aftermarket Reverse Sensor Wire, Rear Camera Wiring, Bluetooth questions...

camryman

:
Mazda5
I am about to purchase a Kenwood DNX 5120 with rear view camera and would greatly appreciate any assistance with the following questions before I attempt the install in my 2008 Mazda5 GT (as I can't seem to locate specific answers by searching the various posts):

1. Does anyone know where I will be able to connect to the "Reverse Sensor Wire" and the "Parking Brake Sensor wire"? I'd like to know specifically where those wires are (and colors) and how you connected to them (so I can buy the parts, etc. beforehand).

2. If you've mounted a rear view camera, where/how did you run the wire from the rear of the car up to the dash? Did you run up along the roof/headliner or did you go under the carpet/side panels, etc.? Any tips for an easy route?

3. Has anyone been able to use the Mazda built-in bluetooth microphone for their aftermarket bluetooth unit instead of wiring a new mic? Where is the OEM mic wire located behind the dash? Or are the aftermarket mics simply better than the OEM mic (so I should re-wire to a new mic anyway)?

4. When the dash and the OEM stereo is out, is the steering wheel remote lead easy to locate and connect to? I am going to buy the aftermarket adapter, but I'm curious if that wire to the steering wheel is going to be easy to figure out and connect to.

5. The Metra Double-DIN dash adapter includes instructions for the 2006-07 dash removal but doesn't include any instructions on how to remove the new console/rear air vents in the 2008? Has anyone removed that 2008 console and, if so, how it is done?

6. And finally, has anyone put the Euro/Japan power doors openers in their U.S. Mazda5? Ah, strike that question... let me get to the new stereo in first before I tackle the power doors, eh? (wiggle)

Thanks in advance for any tips/assistance with the above. I'll be sure to post any tips/advice after I get the project completed.

TC

dddd

I am in the same boat as you. I also like to know the above information. Stock CD player doesn't do it for me.

Any information will help.

Lots of questions. I installed a Pioneer D3X in my 08 Mazda 5. I installed bluetooth and XM at the same time.

1. Can't help you with the reverse wire, I thought I found it under the passenger footwell...but its not responding correctly. I simply have my camera to be displayed upon engine start.

2. For my rear view camera I bought a Boyo model that is somewhat large but very high quality. I didn't care for the license plate cameras. I wanted something that had a very clear picture and very good night vision. I bought a Boyo VTB300. I mounted it inside the rear hatch at the center. I ran the able up under the weatherstripping, down the side then up to the dash on the driver side.

3. The OEM bluetooth microphone is to the left of the stereo behind a vent. I did not try to tap into as my 5 is a lease and I want to be able to put everything back as new. The microphone for my new bluetooth was mounted on top of the rearview mirror my wife says it is clearer than the OEM one.

4. I had only programming issues getting the steering wheel controls to work, I bought a pac-sps module

5. Take your time with the dash, not much different than the 07.

stillageek,

Thanks for your help. I noticed your other post about the reverse wire in another thread. I presume you tried to tap into the Red/Blue wire coming out of C-04? Have you tried any others?

Anyone else out there successfully found the reverse wire?

I'm looking forward to getting the backup camera going, but don't want to cut up all the wires looking for the right one if I can help it.

Thx,
TC

Back