New Horn installed...kinda a PITA

I installed a new horn. A MODEL 419 BAD BOYDUAL TONE AIR HORN. I downloaded the Mazda 5 repair manual and was surprised to see the installation process involves removing the front bumper. Seeing as I have no one to help out I had to form a "Plan B". I ended up taking off the panel under the wheel well partially and then the cover under the bumper partially. I was able to stick my hand up and remove the old horn. The new horn uses the same size hole (thankfully!) as the old horn so bolting it in place was fairly easy. I was surprised to see only one wire used for the OEM horn. I had to run a ground wire for the new one. I also lengthened out the original wire a bit so I could install the horn at a better angle. The new horn is MUCH louder than the OEM horn. I bought it off Amazon for $35 all in. I wish the horn were top dead center in front of the radiator like my Toyota Matrix was...a cinch. There is no way I would install Hella Supertones on the 5....it would be too much involved. A sample of the horn can be found on this page.

http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm

I think I am just about done modding my 5....for thie month.

Did the same here. I'm glad I didn't look into the manual! I just tore into it. (rockon)

Holly smokes, the tone is crazy (hear ya)...

I want to see the faces of the people around when they hear that and then they find out that it is coming out of a MZ5... "WTF??" (evil)

They usually look at the nearest Cadillac or SUV. (cabpatch)

Holly smokes, the tone is crazy (hear ya)...

I want to see the faces of the people around when they hear that and then they find out that it is coming out of a MZ5... "WTF??" (evil)

Back