MS3 Ignition Coil Mod

I am planning to do this mod considering the symptoms I have been experiencing. I just wanted to know what exactly this mod was being performed for? In other words, what exactly brought this mod about. I am experiencing sputtering during idle.

Thanks in advance guys....

Sputtering during idle. Doesn't idle steady. Its steady and then you get a slight hick up during idle now and then. checked for vac and boost leaks, changed plugs to a step colder, cleaned both O2 sensors wtf else can I do beside this.

This is all about the codes I have getting, random multiple misfires and burning rich.

why have you not taken it tothe dealer to have the codes checked out? Are you modded to the hilt or what? you have a warranty let them figure out why you are getting misfires.

why have you not taken it tothe dealer to have the codes checked out? Are you modded to the hilt or what? you have a warranty let them figure out why you are getting misfires.

he's got enough that they would give him grief. have you replaced your plugs yet? i was having the same issues, switched to the NGK iriduim 1 step colder plugs and it took out about 90% or the issue and i did also do the coil stretch while i was in there. i can get you a part # if you want or PG sells em if you want to wait.

he's got enough that they would give him grief. have you replaced your plugs yet? i was having the same issues, switched to the NGK iriduim 1 step colder plugs and it took out about 90% or the issue and i did also do the coil stretch while i was in there. i can get you a part # if you want or PG sells em if you want to wait.

yes with the same ones you have but the issue hasn't subsided. i also did the coil mod but wondering if i stretched them far enough??? dealer replaced the maf, they wont go any further unless i revert back the stock air box. and that my friends is impossible. the dealer and i both know its not the cai. but mazda u.s.a. wants to start there. so not to throw any flags we just left it there

do u have the codes handy i can look up some stuff at work 4 u and try to diag via internet.

I nkow what the codes are I am throwing p0300 and p2188 which is random multiple cylinder misfires and burning rich codes...wtf...

well you need to replace your coils, that's why you have a misfire p0300. And you also need to replace your upstream 02 sensor, the one in front of the cat that is for the p2188 code

These are known problems that these cars are having, go to the dealer, try to have them cover it.

If you don't replace these things you will continue to have these problems.

I have taken out the upstream 02 checked and cleand the sensor. There is nothing wrong the 02. Now the coils...You think I should replace all four coil packs...??? damn... that sucks...

I have taken out the upstream 02 checked and cleand the sensor. There is nothing wrong the 02. Now the coils...You think I should replace all four coil packs...??? damn... that sucks...

you can clean the 02 all you want. It still needs to be replaced.

its a random misfire code, you can't determine which one is misfiring so yes replace all the coils. Also another cause of this could be bad gas, i've seen that b4 too.

well like I said, there is nothing wrong with the 02 sensor. As for the coils that was in fact going to be my next task. But s*** man...now were talking almost 800 or more just for the coil packs...the install I can do myself... About 90% fo the gas I have used is chevron.

well like I said, there is nothing wrong with the 02 sensor. As for the coils that was in fact going to be my next task. But s*** man...now were talking almost 800 or more just for the coil packs...the install I can do myself... About 90% fo the gas I have used is chevron.

yea man coils are expensive, at least try and get them covered by the dealer. What do you have done to your car?

here is the diagnostic chart for the random mis.

Attachments

• 135213124[1].gif
    135213124[1].gif
    63.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 135213126[1].gif
    135213126[1].gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 135213128[1].gif
    135213128[1].gif
    63.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 135213130[1].gif
    135213130[1].gif
    56.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 135213132[1].gif
    135213132[1].gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 129
te rando misfise will cause the rich at idle, but there is a shitload of things that could be causing the p0300, don;t just throw parts at it like pple are suggesting. this is the exact diagnostic chart mazda is following so tust me throwing a new set of coild and an 02 sensor aren;t gunna fix the underlying problem.

te rando misfise will cause the rich at idle, but there is a shitload of things that could be causing the p0300, don;t just throw parts at it like pple are suggesting. this is the exact diagnostic chart mazda is following so tust me throwing a new set of coild and an 02 sensor aren;t gunna fix the underlying problem.

i work for mazda, and we don't necessarily use those charts when we already know a common solution to a problem

Back