HID kit blowing my fog fuse....

LReyes66

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 MGM
Ok well i got my new slim ddm hid kit in the small as well as my 9006 3k yellow bulbs...

soo i moved my old bulky hid kit to bottom to use for my fogs and used the new ddm 6k hid kit for my low beams.

I took out the old h7 bulb from the old kit and but it on the 9006 3k kit.

The ddm worked great for the low beams but when i connected the HID kit for the fog lights using the battery harness that was included in the new kit and turned on the fogs it didnt work. I checked the fuse in the engine compartment and it was blown... soo to test it out i moved the horn fuse to the fog fuse and that also got blown... im about to head out to buy some more fuses... anyone know whats wrong?

Oh when i was connecting 1 HID fog... it worked but when i connected the 2nd one it blew the fuse.

crappy aftermarket ballast. use a relay for the ballast off the battery and the stock fog switch as the switching signal.

if a little lightbulb didnt just go off for you in your mind, DONT try this on your own :)

the kit was working perfectly for my low beams.. but i decided to use them as fogs and use the new DDM slim Kit i bought for the low beams soo the engine bay looks cleaner

removing fuses is a bad, bad idea. They are there for when something goes wrong, which in your case , something is going wrong.

what does it mean when the fog fuse 15amp one in the engine compartment fuse mean when it blows?!? to much power for it to handle?!

try running a 25amp Fuse, your kit takes about 20 amps of power you will need to check wiring before doing this to check if there is no exposed or damaged wiring.

P.S.: If You Are Not Sure Go To a Local BestBuy They Will Be able to find the problem.

Back