VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas

View Poll Results: which suspension upgrade?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • BC Coil Overs

47 48.45%
  • Mazdaspeed Coil Overs

44 45.36%
  • Autoexe Tunable Suspension

6 6.19%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazdaspeed coil overs vs. bc vs. autoexe

2008.5 Black Mica MS3 GT, 2004 Velocity Red MSM

Mazdaspeed coil overs vs. bc vs. autoexe

I have been set on the mazdaspeed coil over suspension upgrade for a while, but I have heard lots of good things about some of the competitors out there such as the BC coil overs and autoexe tunable suspension. The prices are all different and I'm just curious which suspension upgrade everyone feels is the best upgrade:

BC coil overs: $1,000-$1,250
    Mazdaspeed Coil Overs: $1,400-$1,800
    Autoexe Tunable suspension: $2,500 +/-
    Last edited by ndedomin; 07-04-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added Poll
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 3 GT

Tein SS Coil Overs w/ upgraded 8kg front springs, Tein EDFC controller and motor kit, DBA 4000 series brake rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, FTP SS coated brake lines, Motul RBF 600 Brake Fluid, SPC rear camber arms, GTSPEC rear lower tie brace, GTSPEC V Brace, GTSPEC Link Panel, GTSPEC ladder brace, GTSPEC mid brace, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Synapse Synchronic BPV, AEM Cold Air Intake, SU Rear Engine Mount, Defi-Link Control Unit II, Defi BF 60mm Amber Boost Gauge, Defi Link Display, TWM Short Shifter and Bushings, COBB Shifter Weight....and LED lights

I just switched from tein superstreets to the mazdaspeed coilovers. The Mazdaspeeds do everything so well, I am really impressed with them. They definently get my vote.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jp4130 View Post
    I just switched from tein superstreets to the mazdaspeed coilovers. The Mazdaspeeds do everything so well, I am really impressed with them. They definently get my vote.
    Why did you switch from the Tein SS coilovers? Im kinda curious cause those are the ones Im looking at, those and the BC Coilovers are on the top of the list. Ive heard all good things from the BC's and also think that with the others all you are really paying for is the name on them. You could buy 2 of the BC's for the price of the auto exe ones haha.

Registered Member

2010 Evo X GSR SSS

How about the KW V2s? My first concern is ride quality and want something that's going to maintain near stock compliance.

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

Quote Originally Posted by D_Roc7822 View Post
    Why did you switch from the Tein SS coilovers? Im kinda curious cause those are the ones Im looking at, those and the BC Coilovers are on the top of the list. Ive heard all good things from the BC's and also think that with the others all you are really paying for is the name on them. You could buy 2 of the BC's for the price of the auto exe ones haha.
    my vote goes for the BCs. we have had nothing but good results with them. i will give any member here the absolute best rock bottom price as well.

will the ride still feel as smooth as standard or will it change for the coilovers?
    id like it lower, but not hitting every stone will make my liver worse and worse...

Donated: $8.08

GT3076R Pro5

Quote Originally Posted by Captain KRM P5 View Post
    my vote goes for the BCs. we have had nothing but good results with them. i will give any member here the absolute best rock bottom price as well.
    Speaks the Troof...

So far pretty close between the mazdaspeed and bc's. For those of you who say the BC's are better, what specifically, besides price, do you like about them more than the mazdaspeeds?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

I'll be giving you a ring in the not to distant future to take you up on that offer

Registered Member

mazda mazdaspeed3

how much is rock bottom price?
    Engine mod: cobb ap ots map, cobb sf-intake, cpe tbe, pg manifold, pg cdfp, cpe fmic, HTP MS3 turbo inlet, awr 70 motor mount

Suspension mod: BC racing coilover with front camber plates, spc rear adjustable camber kits, AWR rear endlinks, GT spec 4 point ladder brace, corner weight by Roger Krause.

wheel: 17x8 50 offset sport edition f10 powder coated gold. 245/45/17 bridgestone RE01-R, H&R Track+ Wheel Spacers 10mm spracer

Wish list: world peace

Mazdaspeed3 Black Mica GT
    juiced3 no more....

/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32377&dateline=1202224053

UNICHIP IS THE WORST SHIET EVER.....DO NOT EVER DO ANY KIND OF BUSINESS WITH THEM....THEY WILL BURN YOU.....

Donated: $8.08

GT3076R Pro5

Quote Originally Posted by udontknowjack View Post
    All i can say about that is HE beat every other place i called that carried BC's
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

i have the bc's, i couldn't be happier with them.

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

Quote Originally Posted by udontknowjack View Post
    i cannot post that publicly, sorry

This is still really close....I haven't been persuaded away from the mazdaspeed coil overs yet. Unless someone can give me definitive advantages of the BC's over the mazdaspeed coil overs, I think I'm going to go according to my original plan and stick with the mazdaspeeds.

13 MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by ndedomin View Post
    This is still really close....I haven't been persuaded away from the mazdaspeed coil overs yet. Unless someone can give me definitive advantages of the BC's over the mazdaspeed coil overs, I think I'm going to go according to my original plan and stick with the mazdaspeeds.
    Only thing I can think of, the BC's will lower the car way more then the Mazdaspeed ones.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast