Contstantly P0300, then P2188

Mods:

CP-E CAI, CPE TBE with High flow and 12" muffler. Forge BPV with blue spring.

P0300 - Random Multiple Cylinder misfires
P2188 - Burning rich during idle.

The issue:

I have been constantly been getting these annoying codes. At first I took the car to the dealer. We ran diagnostics and it came back that the MAF was reading way out of gauge. So the dealer decided to replace the MAF. During this trial time I wanted to check my sparkies as I have been experiencing slight studders during idle. You know like the car will sputter now then. When I checked the sparkies, 2 and 3 were very dirty and 1 and 4 were fine. We just cleaned them and put them back in along with the new MAF.

Now, considering my MAF was replaced I got the code 0300 first yesterday. Today in the morning I went to the dealer and it was showing both codes again. I am thinking of going a step colder with the plugs that protege gara has on there website. But would this be the right thing to do?

Is going a step colder the right direction? Won't I be buring to rich? Or is it possible that my plugs are bad and in turn is throwing a 2188 due to the plugs not burning correctly with the 0300's...??? I am at a loss and need help fast as what I should do with the plugs.

I have no gauges...I have checked and rechecked all lines to confirm they are all indeed tighten up. I don't know what else to do.

Mods:

CP-E CAI, CPE TBE with High flow and 12" muffler. Forge BPV with blue spring.

P0300 - Random Multiple Cylinder misfires
P2188 - Burning rich during idle.

The issue:

I have been constantly been getting these annoying codes. At first I took the car to the dealer. We ran diagnostics and it came back that the MAF was reading way out of gauge. So the dealer decided to replace the MAF. During this trial time I wanted to check my sparkies as I have been experiencing slight studders during idle. You know like the car will sputter now then. When I checked the sparkies, 2 and 3 were very dirty and 1 and 4 were fine. We just cleaned them and put them back in along with the new MAF.

Now, considering my MAF was replaced I got the code 0300 first yesterday. Today in the morning I went to the dealer and it was showing both codes again. I am thinking of going a step colder with the plugs that protege gara has on there website. But would this be the right thing to do?

Is going a step colder the right direction? Won't I be buring to rich? Or is it possible that my plugs are bad and in turn is throwing a 2188 due to the plugs not burning correctly with the 0300's...??? I am at a loss and need help fast as what I should do with the plugs.
no , plugs are not the issue call me back after the weekend as I mentioned. Just drive her easy for a little while.

take the BOV off, there is no reason you should really have it anyways. Its probably creating a vacuum leak after the TB and or its venting off air already registered by the ecu, both can cause misfire codes and jacked up AFR's.

nig, i believe the Forge is full recirc, using the stock diverting valve connections but that does answer the question about a the effect of a leak on the recirculation circuit! I checked mine last night while regapping iridiums down to .034. The car smoothed with 1,2nd gear full throttle bursts. I will take her out of town to see how third and fourth handle the boot. Nig 3, Knowledge needs your tech savvy advice to get his car dialed in , help out a brother, brother. thanks

Nig, the forge is in full recirc. Even with that being said, I was getting the codes with the stocker on already. thats one of the step I took to see if indden the stocker was leaking. But that wasn't the case...??? I changed the plugs to the step colder ngk's that pg offers. Havent thrown another code yet (knock on wood) but still have the sputtering during idle....???

There is a TSB about the P2187, P2188 codes reguarding bad fuel pumps. If it is really sputtering the car may see a P0300. Thats what mine did. Mine has not had a code since it was fixed 3 months ago.

There is a TSB about the P2187, P2188 codes reguarding bad fuel pumps. If it is really sputtering the car may see a P0300. Thats what mine did. Mine has not had a code since it was fixed 3 months ago.
Hey Craig, did you have any issues the after downpipe install?

well first are you sure all of your coils are firing properly? to do that you will need a scope or COP tester.

Back