Sirius Antenna & Stubby Antenna?

rayarnold

:
2008.5 Mazda3 Touring Sedan
I was looking at the shark fin antennas, and I saw that it does not fit over the AM/FM/Sat antennas on the newer mazdas. I just installed the sirius receiver in my car Thursday, and I would really prefer not to have that hockey puck looking antenna sitting on my trunk. Does anyone know where I could find one of these antennas or at least which models come with it installed?

http://www.therpmstore.com/files/Mazda_new_antenna.jpg

Thanks, but actually I'm looking for that antenna in the picture. I found it while I was looking at the shark fin antenna. This one (the one I want) looks like a stubby antenna with the sirius antenna as its base.

Oh, see I thought you were looking for a shark fin antenna. Well the antenna in that picture is the stock antenna I have on my 3 GT hatch. I would think that if you stop by a Mazda dealership and specifically ask for the "2008.5 mazda3 grand touring hatchback antenna" they should give you that antenna. I would suggest calling first to find out and save some gas but be very specific because I called in for the mazdaspeed3 door sill scuff plates and they gave me the price for just the stainless steel plates, not the plastic housing you need to actually mount them onto the car. So be very very VERY specific when calling any dealership parts department and make sure to give a very clean description of the exact part. I know I'm babying you but trust me, you will get the wrong part if you aren't extremely specific with these guys.

I'd say give them the exact part description along with the latest model year you know the antenna is on (2008.5) along with the body style.

So be very very VERY specific when calling any dealership parts department and make sure to give a very clean description of the exact part. I know I'm babying you but trust me, you will get the wrong part if you aren't extremely specific with these guys.

Thanks for the advice, I tried explaining what it looked like and such to the parts guy I spoke to over the weekend, but he didn't understand what I was talking about. Just to verify, that antenna does do satellite radio as well as FM?

Well, my car doesn't have the Sirius radio on it so I'm not sure but they don't add any other antenna to the car since it is already wired for it. So I would give you a 99% chance that it does.

cool, thanks for your input on this. I'll talk to the parts guy next weekend when I'm at the dealer.

You can also get a Shark fin antenna from a 07 Audi A4. It comes with am/fm and GPS antenna all in one. The Cost is about 60$ CDN

I saw that the oem puck fits under the sharkfin antenna, and with the groupbuy price, I think I'm going to go that route. Has anyone done this, and if so, how hard was it to pass the sat antenna wire under the am/fm antenna gasket? The only things I'm worried about is the gasket leaking or setting off/interfering with the rear airbags.

...group buy...on a sharkfin...where it be happening???(assuming it's on 24/7)

hmmm...if I wasn't very fond of my nice little stubby antenna that would be a killer deal.

Back